SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 06-05-07, 12:28 AM   #11
PeterM

Default Re: Pirelli Diablo Stradas VS Michelin Pilot Road 2's

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
If it helps we only get 3,200 miles out of our rear Diablo, so the PR 2's hopefully should bet that.

No way in hell would that be a Diablo Strada.

Lissa,

The tyres degrade faster as they wear so the 1mm = 1000miles forecast will not hold true although how quickly it degrads will depend on your riding and how diligent you are with your pressures.
Old 06-05-07, 06:13 AM   #12
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
No way in hell would that be a Diablo Strada.

Lissa,

The tyres degrade faster as they wear so the 1mm = 1000miles forecast will not hold true although how quickly it degrads will depend on your riding and how diligent you are with your pressures.
Peter,

No, that wasn't Diablo Strada's, just Diablo's. But all the tests so far indicate that the Road 2's have better mileage than the Strada's, so we can certainly reasonably expect to get more than from the Diablo's.

As for our riding..................spirited best describes it .................and we are extremely diligent about tyre pressures, check them before every ride.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-07, 02:34 PM   #13
thebluelion

I have put about 4000 on my stradas just past mot last month and still have loads of wear left. mind you i don't ride like a Barry Sheene pretender just normal riding
Old 24-05-07, 01:42 PM   #14
tomjones2

Been using the pilot road 2 for a while now, best sport touring tyre i have used. Wet grip is inspired much better than 020's which i though were good in the rain.

Tire life seems alright at the moment apart from the punture grr.
Old 08-06-07, 11:00 PM   #15
2mths

I htink I got bog standard Diablos on my bike. First 1000 miles I could hardly see any wear, but suddenly over the next 2k they have dissapeared. Ok so it's the middle of the tyre I'm talking about and if I were a better rider maybe I'd wear the sides a bit but even so I'd definately say that wear is non linear with mileage. The Diablo's have been 'ok' (not got much to compare them with) have felt a little slippage of the rear in the wet but I was perhaps provoking them (****ed off at the time). Thinking of getting PR2 now just to try them cos it's "only" about £20 difference on a set and whilst that bothers me compared to the total bill (of near £200) it's small. I plan to keep stats on tread depth regularly on the next set of rubber. I've got to ring my insurer first abotu a mileage extension on the policy though.
Old 09-06-07, 01:48 PM   #16
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mths View Post
Thinking of getting PR2 now just to try them cos it's "only" about £20 difference on a set and whilst that bothers me compared to the total bill (of near £200) it's small.
I've just had a pair of PR2's fitted to the SV. I'll be doing a write up of the difference between these & the Z6's that I love when I get the chance. Mixed feelings at the moment.
Old 09-06-07, 07:50 PM   #17
MeridiaNx

Baph, have you found that they feel like they're dragging you down/pulling the biek into leaning over further when you get to a certain angle of lean?

That's what mine feel like and I can't tell if it's because I got used to my old Z6s being squared off from motorway stuff or whether I'm detecting when I get to the angle where the rubber compound switches from the hard central to soft edge, seeing as they're 2CT.
Old 09-06-07, 08:22 PM   #18
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

What tyre pressures are you guys using? Are you going with the 34/36 Michelin recommend?

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 04:12 PM   #19
2mths

Tyre pressures! What are they?
Old 10-06-07, 08:40 PM   #20
thebluelion

33/36 in my pirelli diablo stradas