SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-04-06, 01:20 PM   #11
Ash999

PLEASE NOTE: i have had this problem from a previous MOT station, and from some mates its a common thing for garages to screw you over as they will want to happily replace them for you at their inflated labour charges and the cost of a new disc. Take it to another garage and get them to check it over, or better still get the manual and do it yourself. Ive always found the most fair MOT stations are generally the ones that do not fix motorcycles! Just thought you would want to take note as I have been screwed over before when I had to get something MOT'd. Wouldn't you notice if the discs were warped, i.e. a lot of front brake noise?

Oh and also I was told by my mechanic frien you should always replace both discs at the same time, something about equal braking, me just a suspicious person

If they do turn out to be warped then SVspares are good, their round the corner from me, but the guys a bit grumpy, and he wont offer refunds if you buy something and then end up not needing it!

Ash
Old 04-04-06, 03:42 PM   #12
ryancor

Just got off the phone with svspares and have two discs and pads ordered. Very helpful chap said they should be with me tomorrow. Thanks Flamin_Squirrel for the advice. Once they are on and true I might be able to smile again!!
Old 04-04-06, 03:44 PM   #13
socommk23

breaking disck
70 quid per disk
wavey ones too!
thts what i got