SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 17-08-07, 03:27 PM   #11
melody

Default Re: Baph's Absence

Good to hear you're ok. You have been missed on here.

Like Jelster says, sometimes you have to take a step or two back to start moving forward again. I hope things will work out well for you.

Enjoy your holidays with your family and get that internet connection sorted.

Take care.
Old 17-08-07, 03:37 PM   #12
DoubleD

Just seen this after sending you a PM Baph

I must say the feeling of telling a company to stuff it and having a weight lifted from your shoulders is fantastic.

enjoy your family, work will come soon enough.
Old 17-08-07, 04:26 PM   #13
El Saxo

Best of luck Baph with getting eveything sorted & until then, enjoy the freedom

I know just how you feel re: the work situation, haven't quite worked up the guts yet to tell 'em to stuff it though
Old 19-08-07, 02:49 PM   #14
kwak zzr

good to see you back baph, thats a brave move jacking the job and i wish you all the best in finding something you enjoy more, will get to chat face to face at the stormy on the 5th of sept, good luck dude
Old 19-08-07, 04:15 PM   #15
Tomcat

I haven't been on the forum so much recently, as I used to do the same (when bored at work) .... but when I've been on I've looked to see if you were on line, and you havent been. Nice to see you are back, even if it is only intermittent!

Am sure you will work out work! Its sh*t being unhappy at work, lets face it we spend as much time there as at home.

Good luck to you mate, and enjoy your family hol

Old 19-08-07, 06:53 PM   #16
Beaniebike

Aww bless. Good luck to you babes. You seem like a really nice guy, and I think it's really great that you had the guts to stick to your guns. Lets face it, we work to live - we don't live to work.

All the best
Rhona x
Old 22-11-07, 10:15 AM   #17
Baph

Just to drag this thread up again:

I've been working recently as a bit of a mixture. Mainly, I've been a delivery driver for SOS (supplying office furniture to various businesses, with a little construction of the deliveries). But I've also been working as a glorified IT Engineer on a self employed basis.

The work has been OK, but I've been stuck in the van for the most part, which I've hated with a passion. The IT work has been tedius (the running cable end of the job), but there's been a couple of good parts, and I made some good contacts.

Those contacts, have led to me landing a new job. As of Monday, I'll be the Service Desk Controller (a step down from Call Centre Manager) for a local software company, in their global support department.

The major benefits of this are that the company are very laid back & relaxed (or seem to be from my research, interview and poke around their offices - I first went in there delivering furniture so there was no front put on by them). But also, I have timed my commute to work on the bike. It comes out at 9mins!!!

The only downsideS I can see to the job at the moment is the hassle I'll get from business types because SLA's aren't being met (part & parcel of the job in any company), talking to foreigners who can't understand a word of English, and learning the intricate gambling laws of approx 40 different countries!

The sad sad news for most of you, is that I'LL BE BACK!!! Realistically probably not until the new year, but I'll start posting more.

Just thought I'd share.
Old 22-11-07, 11:44 AM   #18
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Public congrats....... Gissa job mista!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-07, 12:22 PM   #19
plowsie

Well done mate +1 on what Mike said 9 mins, spose it beats the 50 miles
Old 22-11-07, 01:17 PM   #20
DoubleD

Well done on the job front. Only 9 mins NICE. I remember when I had only ½ mile to get to work but then they moved work 42 miles away!