SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-03-07, 12:01 AM   #11
MidgetMoose

Default Re: we got snow here

Snow here definatly drove through a blizzard on the way home from work tonight,scary as hell!
Old 19-03-07, 12:13 AM   #12
Davies

Evidence that global warming ain't working
Old 19-03-07, 12:16 AM   #13
clickhick

we got a good 2 maybe 3 minutes of snow today by the time i had wrapped up and looked for the *ahem*kids sledges the sun was back
Old 19-03-07, 12:31 AM   #14
$tevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
in the midlands, u got snow?
Just come from Willenhall to Stoke - getting very nasty here - cars sliding everywhere, most of the problems of their own making as they were revving the taters out of their motors to try to make progress .
Old 19-03-07, 08:52 AM   #15
Baph

I made the "good choice" to go from Mochdre down the A470, with the intention of getting lunch at Betws-y-coed by the river, then north on the A5, then over to Caernarfon & up the A487 towards Anglesey.

Hmm.

I got to Betws-y-coed, sat by the river having my fish chips & coffee. Ah, this is the life, the water looks amazing (flowing fast by the bridge), the food is aiight, etc etc. A couple of light hail showers, but hey, I'm in full armoured kit, who cares!

Then I set off As soon as I hit the starter, the heavens opened, a mix of heavy hail, and even heavier snow The roads were also dry

Coming out of Betws-y-coed, on the dual carriageway heading up the hill, I "wisely" decided to overtake a car. At this point I thought for some reason that riding on ball bearings (hail) I had some grip Pull out around the car, gently open the throttle. Oh bugger I'm facing downhill now!

This lark continued, and it took me the best part of 2 hours to get to Llyn Ogwen, having ridden through snow so deep that you can't tell where the kerbs were. Wiping snow from the visor every few seconds, hoping that whilst I wobble due to wiping I don't come off the bike. That journey normally takes 15mins tops.

I decided to sack the idea of a fly-by of Caernarfon & just get home. Coming down the valley to drop into Bethesda was damn hairy. Never sure if the bike would actually stop if I needed it to.

Went to sleep last night, and it's all gone! So I still have to come to work. How miffed am I!!!
Old 19-03-07, 05:25 PM   #16
kwak zzr

just had big hail stones and fork lightening and thunder all together? its a first for me.
Old 19-03-07, 05:31 PM   #17
Baph

Snow? This is what Llanfairfechan looks like right now...
Old 19-03-07, 05:48 PM   #18
kwak zzr

i want to live in wales where about u baph?
Old 19-03-07, 06:09 PM   #19
John 675

I got caught in it, and to be honest not much on the bike scares me, but the sky going black in a split second then a blizzard scared the crap out of me, i had the mrs on the bike too. . .
i got on the motorway this morning and there was loads of crashes??!!??
and i almost hit a traffic cone, infact it was that close i actually kicked it while my foot was on the peg?? !!! ??? do you think if i hit it i would of fallen off?? i hope not
Old 19-03-07, 08:36 PM   #20
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
i want to live in wales where about u baph?
North. I commute along the A55 in the bad weather (where that pic is from), but in the good weather, it's A5 & over the tops jobby. I live on Anglesey & work in Denbigh.

Yesterday I was on the A5 & almost binned the bike countless times due to riding on ball bearings, sorry, hail. Next few days I'll probably be on the A55.

There's no time difference really (A5 should technically be 15mins longer - but not the way I ride it ), and the A5 has the advantage of keeping the tyres rounded, whilst using more fuel

Now do you see why I don't clean the bike as much as I should?