SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-06-08, 09:21 AM   #11
Kate Moss

Default Re: Living life all over again...

But does anyone have a different career they wish they had persue! My dad was in the navy and he says if he had his life over again, he would have trained to be a pilot.
Old 06-06-08, 09:25 AM   #12
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs24_7 View Post
But does anyone have a different career they wish they had persue! My dad was in the navy and he says if he had his life over again, he would have trained to be a pilot.
I always wanted to be a Vet.........then I got heavily into sport, trained twice a day 7 days a week, spent several months a year in europe and my education went out the window.

But at the same time I dont regret that at all, I have seen alot of the world and have alot of experiences I would never want to forget or have missed out on.
Old 06-06-08, 09:26 AM   #13
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
I always wanted to be a Vet.........then I got heavily into sport, trained twice a day 7 days a week, spent several months a year in europe and my education went out the window.

But at the same time I dont regret that at all, I have seen alot of the world and have alot of experiences I would never want to forget or have missed out on.

I would have liked to be a vet or doctor (wanted to help people but I love animals hence vet), but I never could do all the studying and going to uni just didnt appeal. Kinda got it wrong joining the police, so in my 30's I decide to study law, why couldnt I have applied myself years ago? Still it makes us the person we are today !!!
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012

Last edited by Shellywoozle; 06-06-08 at 09:31 AM.
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 09:29 AM   #14
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Still it makes us the person we are today !!!
I'm an arrogant **** most of the time though until people get to know me lol
Old 06-06-08, 09:50 AM   #15
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs24_7 View Post
But does anyone have a different career they wish they had persue!
See my pervious post. The opportunity I had at college was to leave, and go to Australia to teach kids stuff like bush survival, quad bike riding, bungee jumping, sky diving, scuba diving... Obviously one area would of been my "speciality" but I'd of been dabbling in most of it.

That would be better than being stuck in an office. But then, I wouldn't have my life now.
Old 06-06-08, 09:53 AM   #16
Kate Moss

I regret a few friends I had made and wish id never met them!

Last edited by Kate Moss; 06-06-08 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-06-08, 09:53 AM   #17
Ace-T

Would I do things differently? Nope. Why? Because in all likelihood I would not have met hubby. This week was our 14th wedding anniversary and later this year we will have been together 20 years. We have been through some quite awful times together, but hey, that's just character building

Trace
Old 06-06-08, 09:58 AM   #18
Kate Moss

I am a beliver in fate and that things happen for a reason so i could never change anything that would mean i never met Phil. Just wish I hadn't had to get over so many hurdles before meeting him!

I would def have learnt to ride earlier but hopefully i have years of riding to come!

I would not have left Antigua when i did, and dearly wish I had stayed there for the full 3 years.
Old 06-06-08, 10:07 AM   #19
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Change anything? no because as previuosly said I wouldn't be the person I am now (good or bad depending who you ask!). We've all had our fair share of poop happen to us but it's all coming good for me now though. Hmmm career i've only had a couple of jobs since i left school 13yrs ago I started in retail then moved onto van/LGV driving and now training as a plumber while running a handyman/maintenance business
Old 06-06-08, 10:20 AM   #20
timwilky
Mega Poster

I wouldn't do anything different. Otherwise I may not be married to the most wonderful woman in the world. OK, it would be nice to have bought a few shares in a company called microsoft in 1978 etc.