SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-09-06, 02:50 PM   #11
Baph

Sheep?!?! Pah!

Imagine my supprise at lunch time after nipping over to the next town. Came back via the back roads, rounded a corner pretty fast, and saw some cows roaming across the road. Nothing unusual about that. So I pulled up & waited for them to pass.

The worrying thing was when a bull from the next field must of been feeling frisky, breaks the fence down & decides to charge flat out in the general direction of the cows. Me, on the SV, seperating the bull from a potential good time

Needless to say, I made sure I got the SV out of it's way quick sharpish, and left the farmers to deal with the consequential mahem that insued!
Old 22-09-06, 03:08 PM   #12
Caddy2000

Well you've got polite coppers I have to say:

I was going down to a Wildlife Trust reserve to carry out some coppicing for them when I found a line of cars stopped infront. A bloke told me that I'd have to turn round as there was a huge fallen limb blocking the road...
me + chainsaw = solution

All the car drivers were very thankful, but the coppers were moaning about having to life these branches out of the way (I say branches - more twigs, muggins here did the hard work), then they got in their car and sodded off!!

Yes, you def have a better class of copper than here in Essex!!!
Old 23-09-06, 05:02 PM   #13
Warthog

Ah, the amount of times I've thought "I wish I had a chainsaw"
Old 23-09-06, 05:56 PM   #14
Alpinestarhero

I made a copper smile today too.

Gave him £1450! I got a yellow SV in return

Matt
Old 23-09-06, 06:05 PM   #15
andyaikido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles
He puts on womens clothing and hangs around in bars.
He's a forester and hes ok.
Old 23-09-06, 06:31 PM   #16
Alpinestarhero

Sounds like a country and western song!

**strums some chords out to the words**

Matt
Old 23-09-06, 07:00 PM   #17
Demonz

Thats a nice country tale. We dont have animals on the road around here. They are mainly in the cars. Went for a ride on Thursday came around a big sweeping corner and there was half a bottle of wine on my lane. Jagged side up. Did a Uey and stopped to pick it up. Ran about and deodged some more animals in the process as the weaved and braked to avoid the shards.