SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-07-05, 07:57 PM   #11
Peter Henry

Well you can see that the lady over in Ireland did not ask me to pick her Lottery numbers for her! Completely wrong on my predictions!

Red flag shame in the 125 race as Simon I think would have made another podium after his win last week.

Dani Pedrosa... are you guys clocking how good he is?

Felt sorry for Nicky Hayden in the main race...he sling shotted away and I believe he could have recorded his second win if not for Hopkins heavy fall. Did they not show you guys Carlos Checa's fall yesterday in qualifying? Even faster and harder than Hopkin's one today. Boy he realy flew on the main downhill straight!

Sete is to be the least sun tanned rider when battle starts again at the end of August. Unlike Valentino who will be partying hard in Ibiza...Sete will be locked away with his shrink trying to figure this all out!

Well, when the current second best rider in the world,(based on finishing positions 2004 season) makes the error of standing the bike up when he realises he is carrying too much speed in to a bend.......it gives us all some hope!
Today Rossi was never going to get past and stay past! Shows you what a psychological impact he has on Sete....him just being close by!
Old 31-07-05, 08:06 PM   #12
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Well, when the current second best rider in the world,(based on finishing positions 2004 season) makes the error of standing the bike up when he realises he is carrying too much speed in to a bend.......it gives us all some hope!
Today Rossi was never going to get past and stay past! Shows you what a psychological impact he has on Sete....him just being close by!
Too true.
I agree to some extent with the second bit, Rossi definitely would have struggled to keep a lead earlier in the race, but one of his specialities is outbraking his opponents and not giving them a chance to recover before he's off and won.
Todays antics illustrated his effect on Sete to a tee. The guy was bloody quick for so many laps, then he farks one corner and loses the race.
Old 31-07-05, 09:05 PM   #13
wheelnut

This Moto GP malarky justs gets better and better Not only in the 250 (Pedrosa) Honda and the 125 (Kallio) KTM, but to see such an experienced rider c*ck up a winning ride as that

I reckon Rossi was happt enough just following my leader, although he was pushing him. But to get a chance like that, he must have some divine intervention. 236 points against 116

Some of the offs were amazing including Checa yesterday.

Bayliss just laid down and went for the ride on his bum. Hopkins, was very lucky and of course Shakey fell off again
Old 01-08-05, 07:45 AM   #14
SVeeedy Gonzales

That's gutting for Sete... hadn't noticed he'd not won anything for that long - since Quatar and since Rossi said he wasn't gonna allow him to win any more races. Every time he screws up - coming off in the wet or just making a blatant corner error like this, he's just gotta be thinking "I'm cursed, I can't beat him" more and more.

Brilliant psychological warfare as well as riding from Rossi... though perhaps a bit harsh to push someone into a mental breakdown just because you thought they told tales on you

Some of those highsides were pretty hefty. The track seemed to be inconsistent - snatching at times, allowing people to slide loads at others. Maybe just overconfidence after last weeks conditions - even Rossi went down in practice.