SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-08-06, 10:09 PM   #11
northwind
Mega Poster

Because from the sounds of it he's no "hero", just a nutcase attacking people's cars and using the phones as an excuse. Same sort of person that goes out and attacks a paediatrician... By and large, scratch a vigilante and you find a loon under the paint.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 11:22 PM   #12
Ping

There's no excuse for damaging their cars. The note should be enough.
Old 15-08-06, 07:12 AM   #13
keithd

totally out of order, as are any vigilantes. as bad as the people they are vigilanting. ing.

oh, from the portsmouth area i see. thats going someway to explaining it then
Old 15-08-06, 07:38 AM   #14
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vfr400
Top man (or women). why don't the police leave this hero alone and go and do something useful? after all its probably more dangerous than speeding but doesn't collect as much revenue.

chris
I'm sure you would have the same opinion if £170 of damage was caused to your car.
Old 15-08-06, 07:38 AM   #15
glade

this was on our local news, there have been tyres slashed and screws put down outside people's garages too if i remember right. (was only half paying attention)

bit of paper fine, vandalism not fine.
glade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-06, 07:48 AM   #16
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Quote:
Top man (or women). why don't the police leave this hero alone and go and do something useful? after all its probably more dangerous than speeding but doesn't collect as much revenue.

chris
I'm sure you would have the same opinion if £170 of damage was caused to your car.

Isnt that just the same as 3 fines? Offenders have surely done it more than 3 times.

I notice only one of them denied it.

Consider themselves caught.
Old 15-08-06, 08:03 AM   #17
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate
Quote:

chris

Isnt that just the same as 3 fines? Offenders have surely done it more than 3 times.

I notice only one of them denied it.

Consider themselves caught.
who do they have to answer to then? do they have to admit/deny it to anybody?

the fact that one doesn't have a phone is proof that there's a slight flaw in the plan!
Old 15-08-06, 08:08 AM   #18
mysteryjimbo

We dont know that for certain though. Maybe it was a friends phone. Maybe the vigilante is just playing the odds due to how prevalent the offence is.

Who cares. Maybe the next vigilante will be better at the job as the police obviously arent. I've seen them drive past people driving whilst speaking on the phone.

I prefer people with headsets. Some of them make me laugh out loud.
Old 15-08-06, 08:17 AM   #19
keithd

Quote:
We dont know that for certain though. Maybe it was a friends phone. Maybe the vigilante is just playing the odds due to how prevalent the offence is.

Who cares. Maybe the next vigilante will be better at the job as the police obviously arent. I've seen them drive past people driving whilst speaking on the phone.

Who cares? I care. you should care, if somebody slashed your tyres thinking you'd been on the phone whilst driving and you hadn't, you'd say "fair play, the odds were against me this time...."
Old 15-08-06, 08:22 AM   #20
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd
Quote:

Who cares? I care. you should care, if somebody slashed your tyres thinking you'd been on the phone whilst driving and you hadn't, you'd say "fair play, the odds were against me this time...."
Never happen. I only ride the bike and its difficult to break that particular law. Odds would truely be against me.

I need some new tyres anyway.