SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-04-07, 06:54 AM   #11
John 675

Default Re: Comedy call to Bennetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
I'm insured with Bennetts (for this year), but as soon as it runs out I will be going elsewhere. ). So I wont be with them they are a total waste of time
Me too i told them if i have never ever claimed, they dug up some past history from an old insurer and said " did you drop your bike last year? "
so i said "yes once it fell over" so she toddled of for 5 mins came back and said "im sorry mr lyle your premium has gone up by £16.00 !!!!!!!!"
WTF !! ! ! !
i said to her " that from now on im not telling them S*it " sucks balls that you get shafted for being honest !
Old 12-04-07, 07:23 AM   #12
skint

Poo!

I'm with Bennetts and have been for two years for my Bandit and the Daytona, I think the SV is with them too. Only had to speak to them to renew/get better quote etc. Always seemed a good deal - £400 FC for Tona, £130 bandit and about £125 for SV (Kamakazy's bike and she has 9 points for speeding - that's my girl ). Edit: all fully comp

Somewhat worried about the comments on here now though!

Last edited by skint; 12-04-07 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-04-07, 07:31 AM   #13
the white rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylej View Post
so i said "yes once it fell over" so she toddled of for 5 mins came back and said "im sorry mr lyle your premium has gone up by £16.00 !!!!!!!!"
WTF !! ! ! !
Why is that unfair? We are all probably paying for your previous drop.
Old 12-04-07, 08:16 AM   #14
Bluewolf

I've just renewed my bike insurance, thought it was going to be a bloody fortune after my accident and subsequent claim last year. My current insurer (Bikesure) quoted me for over £400 (up from £200) and since they've always given me the cheapest quote I assumed they would all be the same.

I went to Bennets first for a laugh since they've always given me quotes in the region of £800+................ £205.04 Fully comp with commuting and personal accident cover as well as a protected no claims for just a £250 excess (and me with a zero no claims too )

I really hope I never need to use them now, my confidence is slightly shaken by what I've read here!
Old 12-04-07, 08:52 AM   #15
John 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich View Post
Why is that unfair? We are all probably paying for your previous drop.
Its unfair because i didnt put my side stand down properly the bike fell over??? 16 quid for dropping it??? why is that fair??
unless your mistaking it for the of i had?
there charging me for it just falling over.??
Old 12-04-07, 08:56 AM   #16
Tomcat

Quote:
Its unfair because i didnt put my side stand down properly the bike fell over??? 16 quid for dropping it??? why is that fair??
unless your mistaking it for the of i had?
there charging me for it just falling over.??
Did you claim for the damage?
Old 12-04-07, 09:28 AM   #17
John 675

Post Re: Comedy call to Bennetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
Did you claim for the damage?
no i just told them once, because i thought you had to.
Old 12-04-07, 10:59 AM   #18
the white rabbit

Quote:
no i just told them once, because i thought you had to.
Oh I see.
Old 12-04-07, 11:26 AM   #19
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza77 View Post
Quote wasn't cheap enough to worry about that, though it does make you wonder what the cover would be like!
I was insured with Bennetts and thier Claim service is 100%

However, dont tar all call centre staff with the same brush. Some of them are hired on a monday and thrown straight on the phones. They just employ 'agency staff' doesnt matter where they have worked before or anything like that. You dont have to sit a geography test to answer a phone, and i know a few people who have never heard of the Netherlands!! Alos if you got paid what some of these poeple do, and got treated like they do, then maybe you'd be the same, or have the same attitude.

My girfriend works in a call centre. She works for TFL in effect, and she sees epople that come from an agency and stuck on the phone from about an hour in, and are expected to answer calls/questions regarding the road traffic act etc etc , that even after a year, she has only just got to the bottom of it all!!

Its the companies, not the staffs fault, well not all the time anyway.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:31 AM   #20
Gazza77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
I was insured with Bennetts and thier Claim service is 100%

However, dont tar all call centre staff with the same brush. Some of them are hired on a monday and thrown straight on the phones. They just employ 'agency staff' doesnt matter where they have worked before or anything like that. You dont have to sit a geography test to answer a phone, and i know a few people who have never heard of the Netherlands!! Alos if you got paid what some of these poeple do, and got treated like they do, then maybe you'd be the same, or have the same attitude.

My girfriend works in a call centre. She works for TFL in effect, and she sees epople that come from an agency and stuck on the phone from about an hour in, and are expected to answer calls/questions regarding the road traffic act etc etc , that even after a year, she has only just got to the bottom of it all!!

Its the companies, not the staffs fault, well not all the time anyway.
Quite true. I've worked alongside call centre staff, and some are considerably better than others. Sadly though, the old saying is probalby true "pay peanuts, get monkeys".

Then Triumph Sprint ST with scottoiler and R&Gs & TOR exhaust

Now Benelli Tornado
Gazza77 is offline   Reply With Quote