SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-02-11, 10:26 AM   #11
Ceri JC

Default Re: MOD 2 booked + Looking at SV's

I'm 6'2" and it feels fine. I regularly did 500+ miles on mine and I've done in the region of 55K miles on pointy SVs. Not as comfy as a tourer or adventure bike, but certainly not too small for your height; there are bigger people than you with them. Take it for a test drive and make your own mind up. You won't regret trying them, they are superb bikes.
Old 02-02-11, 06:21 PM   #12
ImplodedHamster

also, you will fit better on a faired one if you are tall the riding position is more forward though...
Old 02-02-11, 07:02 PM   #13
metalangel

6'2" and was mostly okay (though I find Suzuki generally has their footpegs a bit high) on a pointy EXCEPT for what I mostly used it for, commuting! My wrists would be killing by the time I'd gotten to work, it didn't suit slow city riding at all. When the opportunity presented itself I got a Fazer which is more upright and I'm much more comfy on it... so maybe a Blandit 600?

Definitely, absolutely sit on several bikes to see how you feel, and remember that what you 'think you could put up with' while sitting on it will be magnified several times over after a long ride.
Old 04-02-11, 07:26 PM   #14
TomSV

Thanks for the replies everyone and the advice about the SV, unfortunately my test got cancelled. So it's been rebooked for the 14th.
Old 04-02-11, 08:20 PM   #15
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Ouch! High winds the reason.

On regards to height, I'm 6ft and fine on it. The advice is have at least sit on it and try for a test ride, but try others ER-6 would be the next one or a long in the tooth GPZ500

It depends what your wanting as there is mountains of advice on here and people willing to advise

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote