SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Moto GP Goto Moto GP Official Site

Old 03-01-08, 08:06 PM   #11
sinbad

Default Re: Moto GP is it becoming a bit like F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosa View Post
Forget tyres, forget slipper clutches. To make the racing far more exciting they need to bin the engine management/electronics packages. This more than anything has been the biggest detriment in my mind. So much so that people with enormous natural ability like Rossi, Melandri, Capirossi, Elias largely struggled in 2007. I am not in favour of anything that reduces huge talent to being meaningless.
Nor am I, but I think you know that you're exaggerating massively. These things you speak of might narrow the (tiny) gap between the genius rider and the oh-so-very-near-genius rider, but riding a GP bike fast (as in as fast as it can go, fast enough to win) is as hard now as it ever has been (imo). Their capabilities may be greater than ever, of course, but it's still the rider that has to extract everything from it. The fastest riders will tend to be the ones that back off the aids anyway, letting their genius, which is more advanced a system than any electronic aid, make the difference.

There's no reason why these assists would mean that more talented riders would suddenly struggle, and if it narrows the gap between great and greatest than that should improve the racing anyway.

I'd like to see the end of TC from a purely eye pleasing point of view. I don't think it has harmed the racing much really, if at all, despite Rossi's insistence these last couple of seasons.
Old 03-01-08, 08:33 PM   #12
markmoto

IMO it has become abit boring in the last year or so and i put this down to the ever increasing electronic rider aids and the stupid rules the governing people keep putting on the series i/e cc limit and limited fuel allowance wtf why put a fuel limit on it thats just plain insane its friggin racing not an economy challenge, i say remove all the electronic aids and let the riders do there thing traction control and launch control suck!!
Old 03-01-08, 08:42 PM   #13
Tomcat

I understand that the motogp is a platform to "show off" new technology etc. but it has made the racing, dare I say, boring ..... campared to a few years ago that is.

There are a few spectacular moves but in general it is no fun watching a ducati pull away on the straight .... where is the skill in that? We are talking gp riders, an elite and lucky few .... I would rather see men racing, then fancy machines tweaked just to prove how good engineering has become.

All that said, I shall still watch every race this year, even if its just because I watched it as a kid with my dad, and although imo JT is not going to blossom this year, I shall enjoy sitting back and waiting for the time to come!