SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-07-12, 12:05 PM   #11
missyburd

Default Re: Good deed or stupid deed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
I think if it's a kid on a scooter in broad daylight, you'll be fine. You made the right call. Had it been late at night, or the guy was riding like a *****, I would've said leave him to it!
I'd say he was around mid twenties. My instinct told me he'd be ok and I acted on it.

Cheers for the positive comments folks, feel much better now!
Old 25-07-12, 12:36 PM   #12
Spank86

Good deed, but always be ready to cease the advice giving and depart, some people dont take any criticism well.

BUt better to offer than to see fatal accident signs or read about it in the paper when you might have prevented it.
Old 25-07-12, 12:40 PM   #13
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank86 View Post
Good deed, but always be ready to cease the advice giving and depart, some people dont take any criticism well.
I didn't take my helmet off for this reason, apart from having somewhere to be anyway.
Old 25-07-12, 12:40 PM   #14
maviczap
Mega Poster

Yep good deed MYC

Sounds like one of my nightmare CBT students and needs a lot more tuition from the school that did pass him
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-12, 12:42 PM   #15
missyburd

I guess some CBT instructors are more lax than others, could have been a mate (albeit a crap one!) who handed him the certificate with next to no work, who knows! Or maybe he did the CBT a few months ago and has only just got himself a run around, having forgot everything he was taught in the process!
Old 25-07-12, 01:09 PM   #16
Owenski

Wouldn't have done it myself.
Pulled along side and got his attention. Yes, but from then on our actions take differing courses.
Your too kind, my waving would have been followed by "get off the road you muppet, your scooter is a bag of **** get it sorted before you kill yourself".
But then again I would have assumed there would be no good reason for someone riding their brake constantly.

If someone's broken down or appears troubled I do always stop, have done many times but if the vehicle is in motion then gesturing for them to pull over could open a massive can of worms that I'd rather not get caught up in.

Chris isn't just been a miserable git he's got a fair point, this bloke could have had all sorts of intentions/reactions - it worked out great this time but be weary that some people out there are not as rosey as you Maria. After all its not that long ago we had that group who were waiting at junctions for bikes to be stationary, dump the rider off and nick the bike, I know that was in the Huddersfield area but still, that's ****ing distance from where you're based.
Old 25-07-12, 01:29 PM   #17
missyburd

Aye I know exactly what you're saying Matt. It's not like it's something I do often, tis the first time and it wasn't like it was the middle of a town, it was in the countryside on an open road up Ripon way. I'm usually cautious of other road users, particularly when I'm stationary at traffic lights. I probably wouldn't do it again but I felt I needed to this time. Ya live and learn by experience
Old 25-07-12, 01:35 PM   #18
Owenski

or you dont live, you get chucked in the back of a vito, butchered, only for your body to be dumped until found by hungry badgers. Fortunately a lowly dog walker spots the chaos and holds them off long enough for the services to arrive. But alas only your dental records are able to be used to identify you... Just saying

FYI, some proper dodgy Vito drivers round your way.

Last edited by Owenski; 25-07-12 at 01:37 PM.
Old 25-07-12, 08:18 PM   #19
Bluefish

Good job maria, scooter rider obviousley a muppet , well done for keeping him alive for another day.
Old 25-07-12, 09:00 PM   #20
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyburd View Post
I'd say he was around mid twenties. My instinct told me he'd be ok and I acted on it.

Cheers for the positive comments folks, feel much better now!
You did the right thing.

Chris is just a permagrump
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote