SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-10-14, 12:13 PM   #11
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country
Default Re: Think its a scam?

I think it may be a hybrid of yours

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-14, 12:36 PM   #12
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

If you are sure that this is a scam, then roll with it, but have a look at the the advice on 419eater if you are unsure. Remember Scammers are criminals and can act in criminal ways!

I used to love Scam Baiting though and even had several characters that I created, all of whom managed to wander from disaster to disaster, which kept the baiters going for a while.

My favourite character was Father Stephen who managed the church accounts, but was being investigated for impropriety with a young female parishioner! I was claiming to be his secretary and actually had a scammer wish us the best of luck and hoped that the case was dropped. On another occasion, I tried to convince a scammer that Steve Jobs was a prophet and that the scammer should help us set up a church, again all in the name of Father Stephen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Stephen
Dear Mr.Ibrahim Mantu,

I have one serious question for you in relation to this matter. What would Our Lord want you to do? No really, think about this, what would our Lord want you to do with this money? This money could be used to help the poor and the starving, this money could help to teach a group of poorly educated Ex-Colonials the ways of our lost lord and prophet, it could help them understand the love that we have for our Jobs.

In the name of Jobs, cast aside your greed and embrace the love of the fruit of our lord. Be not tempted by lesser fruits, instead pick thy apple and hold it in silent prayer. Your prayers for the Lord of Jobs will help end this farce that many people are caught up in.

May he rise again, may his legacy remain in more than just silicon and plastic that people today are so fond of. Let your heart embrace the work of a thousand tiny children. There is only one way forward and it lies with the Jobs.

Embrace our Jobs my Brother.
I send this message to you with a great deal of love for our Jobs.

in the name of our Lord,
Brother Stephen
We also had Sister Agnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Agnes
Mother Superior and Chief Accuser of the Saint Cuthberts Holy Roman
Darling Mr Mantu,

how absolutely splendid to hear from you old boy, I trust that you and your family are now well and your little girl has recovered from her cough now. You did say that she was rather poorly and I must confess that my heart did skip a beat for her, but that is why Father Stephen flogged us so hard as we prayed so hard for her. The Lord does indeed move in a most mysterious way.

Anyway, as you Know both Father Stephen and I were absolutely devastated that we could not conclude our business with you. As you will recall from our previous correspondence, Father Stephen has been recalled to Rome and sit in with the Holy Father. It was actually thanks to the advice of our most precious Father Stephen that the Holy Father has decided to step down form the Papal seat. Luckily for Father Stephen this also means that the rather delicate matter between him and Sister Margaret will also disappear now, along with Sister Margaret.

Do you remember that awful man who lied in court about the things that the Holy Father was supposed to have done, well Sister Margaret is heading the same way. No one knows where he is now either. We shall be eternally grateful to the Holy Father for that little deed.

Anyway, as for your fantastical offer of helping our Mission here in Eire to the sum of $750 000, we must again ask what could such moneys be used for? We could help the poor, feed the hungry and even buy a contract on sister Margaret, who has I am afraid, turned to the Dark Side. Father Stephen is hoping to be back from Rome with in the month and that evil woman Sister Margaret had better be hiding, for only Our Lord God can protect her now! Can you believe that she enticed Father Stephen in such a cruel and devilish way as to force him to pillage her lower regions with his seed? Then telling lies that stated that Father Stephen had slipped a sleeping pil in her drink. The lies that woman tells are shocking.

So yes, you have said that you would like to gift us $750 000 000 dollars. Is this US dollars or Australian Dollars? We have to check these things since Father Ted made that dreadful mistake and lost all of the money that was going to be used to help put a new roof on the Nuns dormitory. Instead, the Nuns now have to share with a rather unfortunate Father Jack and Father Dougal. I know that both of these men struggle greatly with the tender young woman sharing their bed chamber. Oh who would be a Catholic in this modern age. Do you remember the time when being a Catholic meant something?

Anyway, I am waffling now. It is funny, but I have become most fond of you in these electronic conversations. Father Stephen was right when he said that we needed to connect to the world wide Web. Meeting people like you and your family has been most helpful to our cause and we shall indeed pray that you get noticed by our Lord and that he rewards your kindness in exactly the way that he should. Remember, praise the Apple and all that it stands for, wisdom, understanding and the words of our Lord.

In love of our Lord

Sister Agnes
Mother Superior and Chief Accuser of the Saint Cuthberts Holy Roman Church
There was also sister Gladys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Gladys
Dear Mr Kere,

I was recently contacted by your office in regards to Father Stephen, who is currently on sabbatical at the Vatican while he is being investigated by the Police here for some rather serious concerns that we have about him and Sister Margaret.

If there is anything that I can help you with, do please forward to me the details and I will do what I can. Father Stephen may be away for some time and I have been empowered by our Bishop to act on his behalf.

Many thanks,

Sister Gladys

Yes, I am a very bad person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-14, 12:40 PM   #13
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Well this has been sent to Mr Max Bull****e

Quote:
Hi Thanks for the email

Sadly due to the nature of employment I'm working over in the Baltic sea region.
I am about to lose access to regular telecommunications/ email.
If you are still interested you will need to ask for the following persons at this address.

Vera Baird/ Martin Telford PC
Forth Banks
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 3PH

It will have to be a cash transaction with a 20% commission paid by yourself for courier collection/ not being present.
The person(s) collecting the vehicle will need to bring 2 forms of Identification (Passport & Driving Licence) and a bill showing their name and address.

I hope that this will be acceptable
So he his contact is:

and the vehicle is now located at

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
Old 29-10-14, 12:42 PM   #14
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayneflakes View Post
If you are sure that this is a scam, then roll with it, but have a look at the the advice on 419eater if you are unsure. Remember Scammers are criminals and can act in criminal ways!

I used to love Scam Baiting though and even had several characters that I created, all of whom managed to wander from disaster to disaster, which kept the baiters going for a while.

My favourite character was Father Stephen who managed the church accounts, but was being investigated for impropriety with a young female parishioner! I was claiming to be his secretary and actually had a scammer wish us the best of luck and hoped that the case was dropped. On another occasion, I tried to convince a scammer that Steve Jobs was a prophet and that the scammer should help us set up a church, again all in the name of Father Stephen.

We also had Sister Agnes

There was also sister Gladys.

Yes, I am a very bad person
Jayne you evil evil evil person

Old 29-10-14, 03:22 PM   #15
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post
Well this has been sent to Mr Max Bull****e

So he his contact is:

and the vehicle is now located at

Ha Ha nice one

Old Vera is a scary looking bird isn't she

Last edited by maviczap; 29-10-14 at 03:26 PM.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-14, 04:32 PM   #16
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Default Re: Re: Think its a scam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Ha Ha nice one

Old Vera is a scary looking bird isn't she
I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of her in court

Old 29-10-14, 04:36 PM   #17
maviczap
Mega Poster

No deffo wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of her!
Old 29-10-14, 05:43 PM   #18
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

So tomorrow I'm expecting a response. This will be good if they believe me

Anyone think of a good response

Old 29-10-14, 06:16 PM   #19
maviczap
Mega Poster

See what Jeff or Dave's response is first
Old 29-10-14, 06:29 PM   #20
LiquidFlux

I posted my YBR on Gumtree, had somebody similar contact me.

Something was off with the phone number, I can't remember what. When I phoned the guy, as all previous communication had been via text, he didn't really seem to understand what it was he was purchasing.

Asked if he could send the money through Paypal and have his friend pick the bike up on the truck, alarm bells were ringing at this point and I Google'd the phone number. Found nothing, Google'd some of the phrases he was using and I found multiple threads warning others to steer reeeeeeeeally clear.