SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 17-01-09, 10:37 PM   #11
xXBADGERXx

Default Re: Wirral egg run 29th March 2009

What do you do on this then ? Do we deliver much needed choccy Eggs to the masses , or is it a Ride-out in traditional manner ?
Old 17-01-09, 11:01 PM   #12
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
What do you do on this then ? Do we deliver much needed choccy Eggs to the masses , or is it a Ride-out in traditional manner ?
I assume you haven't watched the video, linked above?
Old 17-01-09, 11:08 PM   #13
xXBADGERXx

Yes you have assumed rightly , YouTube videos of things I want to watch seem to take ages to load , stutter like a bugger half the time , and then fail , I get sent a link for something I couldn`t care less about on there and they load right away ?????????
Old 17-01-09, 11:12 PM   #14
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
Yes you have assumed rightly , YouTube videos of things I want to watch seem to take ages to load , stutter like a bugger half the time , and then fail , I get sent a link for something I couldn`t care less about on there and they load right away ?????????
OK, well, judging from the video posted (I haven't been to the egg run either as yet), think about a slow speed rideout, through a town. Every so often a bunch of kids hold their hands out for you to slap/shake as you ride past.

That's what the video was.
Old 17-01-09, 11:23 PM   #15
xXBADGERXx

I tried watching again just in case I had logged in at a busy time , I made a coffee , came back and screen was still black as if it was starting the stream , YouTube just makes me roll my eyes as there isn`t much you can do about it , other streaming sites absolutely scream along .

I won`t be slapping peoples hands I am afraid , my left Shoulder was broken and dislocated a couple of years ago when Mountain Biking , I can`t hold it outright for very long and any resistance on it hurts like a bugger . I`ll just settle for a nice blip of baffle-less Zorstys
Old 18-01-09, 05:07 PM   #16
Speedy Claire

No need to bring chocolate eggs or anything.... It`s basically a ride from New Brighton on the Wirral to Clatterbridge Hospital and at the end of the run people go round with buckets to collect money for charity.. It`s a very slow speed and yes people do stick their hands out to be shaken etc but I choose not too as I have to concentrate on the slow riding and whats in front of me. What you can`t see from the video is the sheer number of bikes that take part and the fantastic atmosphere. The roads are lined with people of all ages and it`s just an incredible experience. The ride (I think) took about an hour and a half (could be wrong) my wrists ached from being on and off the clutch all the time but would I do it again? hell yes.... to be able to take part in something so huge is incredible.

Last year we all went for something to eat after the run... was a great day out and not to be missed
Old 18-01-09, 11:22 PM   #17
regency23

Last years run was a great day out and for a good cause too.Will deffo be there (roll on spring)
Old 23-01-09, 10:33 AM   #18
Learningcurve

Nice Vid James. Looks like a great day out.

Its on my calendar already!

Does it always go the same route? i.e. New Brighton to Ellesmere Port?

Les
Old 23-01-09, 12:05 PM   #19
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learningcurve View Post
Does it always go the same route? i.e. New Brighton to Ellesmere Port?

Les
Yes always the same route, ending at Clatterbridge Hospital.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 10:06 AM   #20
Luckypants
Mega Poster

The Wirral Egg Run themselves have posted in the Rideout section inviting the ORG, so it would be rude not to now! See here.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote