SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-01-10, 08:23 PM   #11
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Default Re: Garden sheds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
aye its not that dear........ local council love to give it away
Really? You should start up an enterprise by selling it, oh, and as a fee for the idea, you can send me some! lol

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-10, 08:35 PM   #12
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
One word for you...

Cedar*

The exception to the rule
dont get me on technicalities thats like balsa, person who wrote them rules needs their head looking at

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
Really? You should start up an enterprise by selling it, oh, and as a fee for the idea, you can send me some! lol
its not me that nicks it, the idiots leave it ouside and wonder why it goes walkys ........ i just rob my timber from work

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis

Last edited by Wideboy; 26-01-10 at 08:37 PM.
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-10, 08:57 PM   #13
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Where do they leave it? I have a large van! lol

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 26-01-10, 09:01 PM   #14
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

need bigger that you vivaro mate.... 4mtr lengths

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 26-01-10, 10:05 PM   #15
phil24_7
Mega Poster

LWB Merc Sprinter or a LWB Fiat Ducato, hell, I can even get my hands on a LWB pick up or 7.5 tonner! lol

Old 27-01-10, 02:12 PM   #16
CheGuevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
One word for you...

Cedar*

The exception to the rule
Same thing crossed my mind, and it's what I'd use if I was cladding a shed. My dad built his house about 36 years ago, clad it entirely in untreated cedar. It sat like that in the rain, sun, and seaside air for about 25 years before they finally decided to stain it grey -and that was just to even out the sun-bleached tones as it was going up for sale. It's still going strong.
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-10, 03:00 PM   #17
Owenski

Just a question, why are you buying a couple of timber sheds? If your needing a larger storage space why not build a block work one to your required spec.

I did that and it saved a bloody fortune over the alternatives. Plus depending on your council you shouldnt even need planning for it.
Old 27-01-10, 05:19 PM   #18
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheGuevara View Post
Same thing crossed my mind, and it's what I'd use if I was cladding a shed. My dad built his house about 36 years ago, clad it entirely in untreated cedar. It sat like that in the rain, sun, and seaside air for about 25 years before they finally decided to stain it grey -and that was just to even out the sun-bleached tones as it was going up for sale. It's still going strong.
back years ago cedar used to be used in the construction of sheds and outdoor structures because of its oiliness, its not commonly used today because of the price, im no expert on timber pricing but at today's rates i'd say the price of cedar was probably up there with teak. Its certainly alot more expensive than oak

smells nice aswell

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis

Last edited by Wideboy; 27-01-10 at 05:25 PM.
Old 27-01-10, 07:32 PM   #19
CheGuevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
im no expert on timber pricing but at today's rates i'd say the price of cedar was probably up there with teak.
Yikes. Back home it's be the oak that would be ridiculously expensive (teak as well of course). Cedar is not bad at all price-wise. Vinyl siding is used on most newer homes, but cedar is still a popular option for roof shingles, decking, and sheds etc. In the 70s and 80s it was common to see internal walls or ceilings finished in rough or planed cedar t&g.
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-10, 07:50 PM   #20
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

its import that bumps prices up, knower days you have to be licensed to import certain timbers, depending on what license you have and how many others had it you can effectively charge what you like

sadly its that and the cost of living that's destroying the trade

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis

Last edited by Wideboy; 27-01-10 at 07:51 PM.