SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Essex Lounge No Nova's or Impreza's alllowed. Your MC's are Supervox & Messie.

Old 20-01-09, 09:59 PM   #11
Foxy

Default Re: First ride of the year!

Got my service booked for Friday afternoon at George Whites, 60 mile round trip. First ride of the year. Can't wait!! . Just hope the weather stays as it is
Old 22-01-09, 07:07 PM   #12
Loopy2103

going to be wobbling when i get back on the bike, not been on it since oct
Old 22-01-09, 10:28 PM   #13
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
It was lovely in the sun I was so wrapped up I broke out in a sweat!

I think the forecast is rain and heavy winds? I'll keep everything crossed for you Foxy
Thank you . I am not going out on my bike until the afternoon and I am hoping the weather will be a little better then
Old 23-01-09, 11:19 AM   #14
Foey

Saturday is supposed to be bright & sunny but highs of only 4 degrees, sunday - best to get your canoe out.
Old 23-01-09, 08:31 PM   #15
Foxy

Rode my bike today for the first time this year and second time since my off . Weather was great albeit a little windy. Went to Swindon to get my bike serviced, I couldn't believe all the police cars and police motorcycles that were about. At one point 10 of them passed me!!! Did about 60 miles, blew some cobwebs away and feel great .

Your turn Loopy, hope the weather is good enough for you to want to get out there
Old 23-01-09, 11:25 PM   #16
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyinleather View Post
Rode my bike today for the first time this year and second time since my off . Weather was great albeit a little windy. Went to Swindon to get my bike serviced, I couldn't believe all the police cars and police motorcycles that were about. At one point 10 of them passed me!!! Did about 60 miles, blew some cobwebs away and feel great .

Your turn Loopy, hope the weather is good enough for you to want to get out there
Yaay! glad you got out there!
Old 26-01-09, 03:04 PM   #17
Loopy2103

YAY i did it - Just got back from taking the bike out for a spin! im on Jury Service and was sent home for the afternoon so took full advantage of the sunshine ! Dont know why but i felt really nervous, but once was out there riding it felt sooooooooo good !!!!

Really need to get my seat lowered tho, fed up being on tip toes & im sure thats knocking my confidence a little bit.
Old 26-01-09, 08:23 PM   #18
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy2103 View Post
YAY i did it - Just got back from taking the bike out for a spin! im on Jury Service and was sent home for the afternoon so took full advantage of the sunshine ! Dont know why but i felt really nervous, but once was out there riding it felt sooooooooo good !!!!

Really need to get my seat lowered tho, fed up being on tip toes & im sure thats knocking my confidence a little bit.
Great news Loopy. I bet you are beaming from ear to ear . I was on tip toes when I first rode my Yam YZF R125 and was really nervous. Having it lowered was the best thing and really boosted my confidence.

Having your seat lowered will hopefully give you that extra confidence
Old 26-01-09, 08:53 PM   #19
Loopy2103

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyinleather View Post
Great news Loopy. I bet you are beaming from ear to ear . I was on tip toes when I first rode my Yam YZF R125 and was really nervous. Having it lowered was the best thing and really boosted my confidence.

Having your seat lowered will hopefully give you that extra confidence
Cheers Foxy, is that the Yam in your pic? looks like such a bigger bike i am trying to find someone to cut down my seat for me, the guy i rang today is over Brands Hatch way - bit of a way to go. Might have a go myself, just been reading how to do it on the net... can't be that difficult surely lol
Old 26-01-09, 09:07 PM   #20
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy2103 View Post
Cheers Foxy, is that the Yam in your pic? looks like such a bigger bike i am trying to find someone to cut down my seat for me, the guy i rang today is over Brands Hatch way - bit of a way to go. Might have a go myself, just been reading how to do it on the net... can't be that difficult surely lol
Yes it is my Yam in the pic. It is ridiculously high for a 125 . I had it lowered by 40mm at JHS Racing. I was only on tip toe on one foot. Had to shuffle over just to get one toe on the ground!! Once it was lowered it was fine. I now have a Ninja 250 and only had to have the seat scooped out. Love it.

I had the Ninja's seat scooped out before taking delivery of it, not sure how difficult it is to do. Why don't you start a Thread asking where the best place is to get your seat scooped out in your area? You are bound to get lots of great advice