SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Has Anyone won more than a tenner?
Nope Never Won A God Darn Thing.... 14 37.84%
Yes I Won the JACKPOT!!!! 3 8.11%
Yes I Won a few Grand 3 8.11%
Yes I Won About £50 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-02-05, 08:08 PM   #11
Tara

I run the syndicate at work and we have won about 60 quid in the last 12 months all tenners.
Old 27-02-05, 08:11 PM   #12
Sledgehammer

Not really glad to hear that its just me that wins sod all...

In my opinion they need to reduce the max payout and increase the £10 payout..
say something like £50 if you get 3 numbers.. i recon there might be more people playing as it would be worth the quid then..

but thats just my opinion..
Old 27-02-05, 10:02 PM   #13
timwilky
Mega Poster

At about week 3 of the lottery my little brothers father in law scooped about £110,000

The shrapnel part was £800. He walks into Barclays bank in Chorley and deposits the cheque. and calmly says to the cashier, could he have the £800 part now as his wife would like to do a bit of shopping. to which she gives the stock answer :- "I am sorry sir, you will have to wait for the cheque to clear". His response :- "Get me the F**ing manger" who comes out of his office and sees bros FILs face. (They don't call him Black Jack, just because of the colour of his face), and immediately agrees with the cashier, without looking at the cheque.

When Jack says, "Its from F***ing Camalot, you don't expect it to bounce do you?" the manager looks at the cheque and "Are you sure £800 is enough?, why don't you take £5000
now to celebrate and I will arrange for one of our investment advisors to talk to you".

Well Black Jack bought his council house, invested heavily with his turf accountant and spent what was left in having a house built in his native St Vincent, where he now lives with his lady friends. The £110,000 lasted him about 5 years. But what the heck. He won it gambiling, so why not loose it that way too.,
Old 28-02-05, 09:39 AM   #14
will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
Not really glad to hear that its just me that wins sod all...

In my opinion they need to reduce the max payout and increase the £10 payout..
say something like £50 if you get 3 numbers.. i recon there might be more people playing as it would be worth the quid then..

but thats just my opinion..
what he said, plus more £50,000 to £100,000 prizes and a lower overall top prize. i'd be happier having a weekly punt if i thought i had a better chance of winning 100k as opposed 14m to one odds (or whatever it is) on a share of a few million. would think that most other people would think likewise?
Old 28-02-05, 10:01 AM   #15
Moo

I've won about a hundred quid if I'am being honest I'am only interested in the big prize, yes it would change my life.
Old 28-02-05, 11:50 AM   #16
Captain Nemo

still do 2 lines every saturday, refuse to play the other money spinners, £2 a weeks ok cos it could be me..............not much chance though

a girl who worked with me about 9 years ago, her dad won the jackpot with a mate on a £28million rollover, only problem was it was the week that there was about 130 winners thet ended up with about £60 each, better than a smack with a shovel, they thought they were set for life though...
Old 28-02-05, 02:34 PM   #17
RenamedMonkey

My grandad used to run a syndicate for the family, although he was the one paying for about 5 numbers each week... not exactly how syndicates tend to work, but no one complained!

One £10 once in a while, and won £500 once. Never made up for £260 spent every year on tickets.
Old 28-02-05, 02:38 PM   #18
Jabba

Our work syndicate has 21 lines each Saturday and 21 lines for Wednesday roll-overs. We've been doing this since the lottery started 10 or 11 years ago.

If you include roll-overs that's about £1200per annum. In 10 years that's a collective £12000 we've gambled

We've never had more than 4 numbers in a row and the most we've had was about £110 for one of these.

We've lost big-time over the years, but no-one wants to pullout...........
Old 28-02-05, 02:56 PM   #19
RenamedMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba-the-Hutt
Our work syndicate has 21 lines each Saturday and 21 lines for Wednesday roll-overs. We've been doing this since the lottery started 10 or 11 years ago.

If you include roll-overs that's about £1200per annum. In 10 years that's a collective £12000 we've gambled

We've never had more than 4 numbers in a row and the most we've had was about £110 for one of these.

We've lost big-time over the years, but no-one wants to pullout...........
That's what makes it so clever. Imagine you pull out and the following week the synidicate wins! I think begging followed by suicide
Old 28-02-05, 03:46 PM   #20
MavUK

Won about 1/5 Grand in a syndicate. Quite nice really - turned up to work and had 100 quid shoved in my hand. :P