SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: sv for life?
sv enthusiast? 31 47.69%
using it to gain experience to get a "bigger bike" 30 46.15%
commuting use doesnt matter 4 6.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-05-05, 08:20 AM   #11
Nouf

I had a Duke 749 which got nicked and the SV was the cheaper alternative, could not get the Duke on teh Credit card while the Insurance claim was being processed, and to build up my NCB. However I couldnt be happier, much better bike and a lot easier to commute in central London. I was looking at getting a 749 this summer but I decided to stick with the SV for now. My dream bike though is a Busa or an MV Agusta
Old 13-05-05, 08:26 AM   #12
Flamin_Squirrel

I'd imagine the SV will be a stepping stone for me. I'll have to do some test rides first to see if I think it's worth it though
Old 13-05-05, 08:32 AM   #13
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel
I'd imagine the SV will be a stepping stone for me. I'll have to do some test rides first to see if I think it's worth it though
Thats my thought exactly, I bought the SV as "my first bike" with no intentions of keeping it for more than 12 months, but we shall see, I have yet to uncork the sound!

But my heart tells at the moment that I need a Kawasaki Z1000!
Old 13-05-05, 08:35 AM   #14
Grinch

My SV is everything.. my real bike and my commuter. I just wish I had the time and the money to do the things I really want to do to it.
Old 13-05-05, 08:40 AM   #15
Cloggsy

I adore my SV, but I'll eventually move on to bigger things - they'll all be V-Twins though
Old 13-05-05, 08:58 AM   #16
helen

I imagine my sv will be the only bike i will own, unless i suddenly start earning megabucks, and can pay for new flash bikes outright - i simply don't like the debt i've got into 'cos of it.

Saying that, my sv does save me squillions in train fares, and i couldn't imagine not owning it - it's my constant companion - wherever i am, my bike's parked not too far away, and i love it to bits.
Old 13-05-05, 09:06 AM   #17
Ceri JC

I can't see myself getting rid of it. Even if I get a weekend toy, I'll keep the SV as a commuter/winter hack, or, more likely, I'll get something else to use as a hack (probably some honda or BMW) and then turn the SV into a tricked up weekend/track bike.

'Spose that makes me an enthusiast.

Still, wouldn't say no to an '04 stealth colour scheme 'Busa (provided it had free insurance)...
Old 13-05-05, 09:30 AM   #18
Mogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC
I can't see myself getting rid of it. Even if I get a weekend toy, I'll keep the SV as a commuter/winter hack, or, more likely, I'll get something else to use as a hack (probably some honda hornet or BMW) and then turn the SV into a tricked up weekend/track bike.

'Spose that makes me an enthusiast.

Still, wouldn't say no to an '04 stealth colour scheme 'Busa (provided it had free insurance)...
You'll have Jabba squirming
Old 13-05-05, 09:58 AM   #19
Ransom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
I adore my SV, but I'll eventually move on to bigger things - they'll all be V-Twins though
Yeah, me too.

What is everyones view on the TL1000R? I'm thinking or moving on up in the next few months but can't decide what to start looking at.
Old 13-05-05, 10:04 AM   #20
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Yeah, me too.

What is everyones view on the TL1000R? I'm thinking or moving on up in the next few months but can't decide what to start looking at.
I like the look of the TLR and the sound is just

Was discussed a while back, have a read

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=21978