SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-01-09, 09:27 PM   #11
Thingus

Default Re: First ride of the year!!!

Is that the one with the huge up and down straight roads? I adore that road if it's the same that i'm thinking of, haha. (it's good enough in a cage!)
Old 18-01-09, 09:27 PM   #12
metalmonkey

This w/end has been ace for bikes, I have been out everyday anyway since the 2nd of Jan.

But I found my wheel again as were, didn't ride anything mad execting but I was leaning the bike alot more, going alot faster. I aslo put on my leathers bottoms that forkm part of my two piece suit. I love my leathers they are a second skin I could the grip alot more.

I just came back home and felt good, knowing that I can throw the bike around a bit, can't explain why or anything but I felt as if I had alot more grip over the w/end.

So I got back feeling great washed the bike, and so set up for the week ahead. I can't wait for this summer, its gonna be ace

Safe riding all
Old 18-01-09, 09:28 PM   #13
Davie

mine has not moved this year
Old 18-01-09, 10:46 PM   #14
Jackie_Black

I would have been out but I have had returned it to standard (well the mechanic i know has) in preparation of it being traded in. Obviously as soon as I did that the temperature goes up and the sun comes out!!

Roll on the 28th
Old 18-01-09, 10:53 PM   #15
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingus View Post
Is that the one with the huge up and down straight roads? I adore that road if it's the same that i'm thinking of, haha. (it's good enough in a cage!)

I think Kwak means the A458, from Bridgo (Bridgnorth) to S'bury via Much Wenlock.

Those on AR06 will remember that it was the last road we did. It really is fantastic, the Cressage straight is what - 2 miles long? - even slow old me can do insane speed along there.
Old 18-01-09, 10:58 PM   #16
Thingus

I'm sure that's the one i mean? Right at the start (shr-bridge) there's a long dip down and a long straight... i dunno i haven't been that way for a long time just can't wait....
Old 18-01-09, 11:17 PM   #17
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingus View Post
I'm sure that's the one i mean? Right at the start (shr-bridge) there's a long dip down and a long straight... i dunno i haven't been that way for a long time just can't wait....
That's the one It's a great road for er going fast. It'd be great to meet at Wylies, ride back to S'bury on the old A5 (as above), cross the new A5 at Emstrey island, past the business park, and left at Weeping Cross onto the A458, and then give it welly.

Sorry Uber and everyone!! We have such triffic bike roads in Shropshire!! I can't help being enthusiastic, didn't mean to hog the thread.
Old 18-01-09, 11:20 PM   #18
Thingus

Haha, sod it
We sure are blessed i may live in a ****hole, but when you leave the town, it's really nice for miles.