Default Re: Brands Hatch (Indy) - Thursday 2nd July

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonz View Post
Tomorrows task...
have fun
Old 12-07-09, 11:34 PM   #13
Cazza

Sorry Matt & Grant - your posts about carbs have been shunted over into this thread too (Fizz was away when I PMd him a few days ago, and your posts weren't there at the time).

Anyway... I thought it might be useful to have a new thread so that we can chat about the idea of an Annual Trackday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
If enough of us got together we could actually cut out the middle man and hire the circuit ourselves. That way we wouldn't have to put up with being organized into groups with complete strangers of questionable ability, (just into groups of friends with questionable ability instead...)

Alternatively we approach an established organizer like Focused events and book an entire group off them...

I've done both in the past...

The disadvantage of booking an entire group is you will have lots of mixed abilities in there, but if you're all mates that isn't usually a problem.
Hello! Was great to meet you at Brands the other week.

My initial thought is that doing a day through an established organiser would be safer (on various levels!) and less stressful for the person from the forum organising it too.

Although plenty of people on the forum know each other and their riding abilities, there will still be large numbers of people who aren't familiar with each other - so I think still having separate groups according to ability would be the way forward.

In the same way that the AR is a fun and informal way for people to get to know each other and, for some, their first ever time riding in a large group; I think an Annual Trackday could be a really nice opportunity for Orgers to have a go on track for the first time with some friendly faces - and for the ones who've done it many times before to just have a laugh. Or perhaps for those who are skint and maybe looking at saving up for just one trackday, it means they know they'll be going to one that's going to be a 'main event'. There were well over 20 of us at Brands - and having so many familiar faces (and names) made it a great day.

The other thing would be to choose a differnt circuit each time too? Although having said that, I'd be very happy to do Brands once a year!
Old 13-07-09, 08:06 AM   #14
muffles

Default Re: Annual Track Day Discussion

And we should be able to get a group discount I'd expect, if people can get a 10% discount just by mentioning Gixerjunkies (for example)...
Old 13-07-09, 08:17 AM   #15
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazza View Post
Sorry Matt & Grant - your posts about carbs have been shunted over into this thread too (Fizz was away when I PMd him a few days ago, and your posts weren't there at the time).
well, i am just so upset right now that i cant find the words

na, only kidding. Annual trackdays would be awesome! Brands is always excellent to visit, its clearly a favorite place with me and Zig but it would be great to try out other tracks, like cadwell (soho'ers over the mountain!) and oulton. Maybe one year, an epic visit to knockhill?

This would be a brilliant idea, I love being at the track, I love watching bikes thrashing around, i love the sounds and the smells. And its a garunteed one day in the year when I can go out and do all the photography I want

Matt
Old 13-07-09, 12:25 PM   #16
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

I love the idea of an Annual Trackday and i agree with Cazza that it'd be easier to do it thru an organiser and make sure we get a decent discount.

I'm still in 2 minds if it should be at various tracks every year ... or always at Brands, lol. There is good arguments for both ideas so i'm really torn there.

however on the plus side, it was such a nice feeling to be on track with so many peeps/bikes i recognised
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 12:38 PM   #17
Alpinestarhero

Spidey; we can state now we intend it to be at brands every year, BUT when it comes closer to the time, and people really fancy it, then we can change venue (with enough notice)? This way, it'd mostly be brands each year, but here and there we could also be visiting other tracks, for example lydden, which isnt too far is it?
Old 13-07-09, 12:43 PM   #18
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinestarhero View Post
Spidey; we can state now we intend it to be at brands every year, BUT when it comes closer to the time, and people really fancy it, then we can change venue (with enough notice)? This way, it'd mostly be brands each year, but here and there we could also be visiting other tracks, for example lydden, which isnt too far is it?
In my opinion it should always be Brands - even with 12 months apart (14 in the case of me) you can still feel a sense of progression as to how you did this time against last time.

If people can only afford one trackday/year then it would be nice for it to be on a track where they can measure themself, as well as being the big huggy Annual Trackday.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 12:47 PM   #19
Alpinestarhero

good point... Brands hatch does have two circuits, maybe one year we can do the full circuit (do they do track days for that though, because of noise? Sheene curve is quite close to the resident's houses!), else just keep it to the indy track which looks like great fun

I like brands anyway for the photography, its easy to get close
Old 13-07-09, 12:55 PM   #20
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Yeh Brands is nice for all of us who live down this way but is it being a little thoughtless to those who live a long, long way away from it?

I know Zombie Jezus made the effort from Wales but is that because Brands is the track of choice worth travelling for or just cos loads of us were going and it fitted in well for him.

I know if this thread was posted say by Northy and he was suggesting it be Knockhill every year then the idea would appeal less as it'll be too costly.

I'm not going on a free trackday at Oulton Pk cos its just too far to justify for a few sessions, are we limiting numbers by suggesting its Brands every year i wonder?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote