SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-07-08, 09:28 AM   #11
Sosha

Default Re: Slight problem...

In heavy traffic 93- 100 isn't unusual - mine'll peak at 103 or so if the weather's warm and I'm stuck in gridlock hell (but drops quickly to around 93 once moving) - I don't believe the radiator fan even kicks in til around 105. If the "Picture of a water bottle" vanished when you restarted the engine then I would guess it's the Oil sign. This will always be lit if the engine isn't running. As long as it goes out once the engine is running it should all be good (If it stays on when the engine's running then all is not good).

(I know nothing)

Last edited by Sosha; 09-07-08 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-07-08, 09:38 AM   #12
Aks

It disappeared when the engine is running and bearing in mind i had been on the road for about 2.5 hours solid before it did that cut out. wheres the meet on Friday in Soho? I'm going to give everything a check over today just to be safe anyway. Cheers for the advice by the way
Old 09-07-08, 09:47 AM   #13
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aks View Post
It disappeared when the engine is running and bearing in mind i had been on the road for about 2.5 hours solid before it did that cut out. wheres the meet on Friday in Soho? I'm going to give everything a check over today just to be safe anyway. Cheers for the advice by the way
Its either at Firth Street, or Soho square dude Get from about 6ish though most folk arrive a bit later around 7ish. Have a look in the soho section for meetings ect. You live in London right, where abouts? If you get stuck PM me I'm heading in friday night, however I may take a detour getting there!

I'll go look at my bike for you for expansion tanks but it will have to wait until tonight as I have be at work very soon!
Old 09-07-08, 09:56 AM   #14
Aks

Quote:
Originally Posted by svracer12 View Post
Its either at Firth Street, or Soho square dude Get from about 6ish though most folk arrive a bit later around 7ish. Have a look in the soho section for meetings ect. You live in London right, where abouts? If you get stuck PM me I'm heading in friday night, however I may take a detour getting there!

I'll go look at my bike for you for expansion tanks but it will have to wait until tonight as I have be at work very soon!

I'll be there Is it usually a good turn out? and yeah i'm South east London Lewisham (at the moment i'm at home but i'll be back in Bristol soon), And i think its once i get up to Trafalgar square its whe i start getting lost with all the one way streets. I know where i want to get too but actually getting around them streets is a tuff one lol. What abut yourself?

And thanks and yeah tonights all good thanks.
Old 09-07-08, 10:35 AM   #15
Stingo

Frith street not Firth street... Don't get lost now!!
Old 09-07-08, 01:08 PM   #16
Aks

Default Re: Cutting out and unexpected display.

I've gotta mate whos checking everything over for me later. Went out and got some anti-freeze engine coolant and yeah it should be it.

When it cuts out the red light comes on with the little logo... Never a good thing but its a warning so i'm just going to wait until my engine cools down later .
Old 09-07-08, 07:48 PM   #17
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aks View Post
I've gotta mate whos checking everything over for me later. Went out and got some anti-freeze engine coolant and yeah it should be it.

When it cuts out the red light comes on with the little logo... Never a good thing but its a warning so i'm just going to wait until my engine cools down later .
Yup mine does that too, with the igintion on and engine off you should see the red oil light come on and display and icon on the display in the LCD. Is that what your seeing?

Also I live North London so I won't be coming near south london, but there r others that come from down that way.

I can't remeember the route now from there up to central.
Old 09-07-08, 10:43 PM   #18
Aks

After all my worrying all it needs is a bit of tuning (anyone know how to do it or is it best if i take it to a garage?), a check over the spark plugs and jst get the thermostat resistor checked over. My engine coolant was all okay.