SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-04-10, 06:58 PM   #11
hkhksh

Default Re: 33bhp but slow ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
Id get the plugs out and see if the mixture is obviously out.It could be the choke plungers sticking.Does it use a lot of fuel?
I will give him a call and find out ( he cant come on here to ask for himself has he has no computer )
Old 04-04-10, 07:08 PM   #12
hkhksh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
Id get the plugs out and see if the mixture is obviously out.It could be the choke plungers sticking.Does it use a lot of fuel?
He has said when he fills the tank up by the time hes done 70 ish miles the tank is half full and i have ask him to go and take a plug out now and compare it to one below

http://www.dansmc.com/Spark_Plugs/Sp...s_catalog.html
Old 04-04-10, 07:53 PM   #13
hkhksh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkhksh View Post
He has said when he fills the tank up by the time hes done 70 ish miles the tank is half full and i have ask him to go and take a plug out now and compare it to one below

Boooooollocks remembered he cant look at the list above i will have to nip round
Old 04-04-10, 08:06 PM   #14
sunshine

did you say hes getting 70 miles to the tank?, take them carbs off and clean them check the choke plungers, i had a similar problem and this solved the problem.
Old 04-04-10, 08:53 PM   #15
beabert

Mine will go beyond 90mph but its a pain in the **** to get there. Once it hits 80 theres pretty much nothing left to do but wait lol.
Old 04-04-10, 09:45 PM   #16
GeneticBubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by beabert View Post
Mine will go beyond 90mph but its a pain in the **** to get there. Once it hits 80 theres pretty much nothing left to do but wait lol.

Mine gets to 90 fast enough then its the waiting game any further, must be a weight issue you tubby person you
Old 04-04-10, 11:29 PM   #17
jacksuzukisv650

mine gets to a ton easy muct b u curvys lol 33bhp
Old 05-04-10, 01:22 AM   #18
beabert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticBubble View Post
Mine gets to 90 fast enough then its the waiting game any further, must be a weight issue you tubby person you
Im 10st 8 lol. Its me being lazy and using gear 6 all the time, if i floor it in 5 then switch to 6 id get to 90 easy enough i guess, but i like to save fuel so chug up to 80 in 6th.

Ive been at 95 ish in gear 5 on the m5, but only because i thought i was in gear 6 lol. Not used to having 6 gears yet.

The sv is so slow restricted
Old 05-04-10, 06:09 AM   #19
hkhksh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkhksh View Post

right weve taken the plugs out last night and the nearest one to it is number 19 , and as for the tank its around 60/70 miles to half a tank iam going to take a look at the choke plungers today to see if there is a problem with them . He also told me that a XL125 beat off the mark on sunday

Last edited by hkhksh; 05-04-10 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-04-10, 09:21 AM   #20
GeneticBubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by beabert View Post
Im 10st 8 lol. Its me being lazy and using gear 6 all the time, if i floor it in 5 then switch to 6 id get to 90 easy enough i guess, but i like to save fuel so chug up to 80 in 6th.

Ive been at 95 ish in gear 5 on the m5, but only because i thought i was in gear 6 lol. Not used to having 6 gears yet.

The sv is so slow restricted

well then i take back my statement as i'm heavier than you, bad times guess im the tubby one

i only get around 90/100 miles to a full tank, i guess he rides more smoothly than me

Last edited by GeneticBubble; 05-04-10 at 09:23 AM.