SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-08-09, 10:04 PM   #11
ManxMatt34

Default Re: Thinking of moving back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
hey i used to be a chubby little ****er....... since i got into construction I've got well into shape, i even had what resembled a slight 6 pack before my 1st accident
No mate other way round, you must hve been ****ed on ar wholee time, i am underweight lol!
Old 25-08-09, 10:12 PM   #12
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxMatt34 View Post
Firstly i'll say i hate learning in classrooms etc... sitting down studying all that, find it horendously boring, note my appauling quals. thats because i used to just skive and **** about essentially.

I love the technicality of driving sound weird i know, just anything to do with driving is great for me, i love the challenge i was dissapointed to realise about 3 weeks ago i couldn't take my HGV lisence till i was 21 which i wanted to work on over this winter.

In life i just want to be able to afford to continue biking and support myself, go the pub bla bla nothing immense, certinaly not in the any time near future, i've never really been intrested in a long term learning career or offfice jobs etc....

And then just hopefully (not very likely) find someone to be with the rest of my life, nothing major just a normal life doing what i enjoy listed above.

Ok kool, then you need to learn how to drive HGV then. In my humble ideas I would suggest saving enough up to learn and pass what you want to do.

If you have enough cashed stashed, then why not go travelling/walkabout somewhere and see whats out there?

I really would suggest go travelling and living in another country, it changes your view point. If your not sure where to go, just pick a place at random and enjoy
Old 25-08-09, 10:17 PM   #13
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

The grass is yellow and smells of poo on the other side
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-09, 10:18 PM   #14
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluethunder View Post
Ok kool, then you need to learn how to drive HGV then. In my humble ideas I would suggest saving enough up to learn and pass what you want to do.

If you have enough cashed stashed, then why not go travelling/walkabout somewhere and see whats out there?

I really would suggest go travelling and living in another country, it changes your view point. If your not sure where to go, just pick a place at random and enjoy

I belive i can't do my hgv lisence till im 21 unless im mistaken.

I am british through and through tbh and would like too stay here tbh aswell, anything in driving in the uk would suit me spot on....Any ideas anyonne what specific job to start looking for?
Old 25-08-09, 10:43 PM   #15
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxMatt34 View Post
I belive i can't do my hgv lisence till im 21 unless im mistaken.

I am british through and through tbh and would like too stay here tbh aswell, anything in driving in the uk would suit me spot on....Any ideas anyonne what specific job to start looking for?
I would suggest getting some career advice as a start point.

But you need to work out what you want of it all, where you to be, what kind of life you want.

Maybe miltary? You learn to drive and see a bit of world...

I have no idea about those kind of jobs, its not what I'm into too.

I can only stress do something that sets you on fire inside, otherwise there is no point, find what work for you.

I'm still looking for actual thing, but its out there. Just go for it.
Old 25-08-09, 10:46 PM   #16
davepreston

right hgv 21 unless forces then you have queens dispesation but that is only for forces work, end ov
possible job raf driver dont do army when you can have a easy life in the raf
but could you not do a learn direct course in the iom before ya come over to raise some grades
Old 25-08-09, 10:50 PM   #17
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

ok I'll light the Gas...

Have you thought of a career in the Army / RAF?

No please look at it, I'm sure there might be somthing there for you.

HGV @ 18..... and all paid for.... just a hint..

RAF is better........ I mean it

Last edited by Richie; 25-08-09 at 10:52 PM.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-09, 11:56 PM   #18
davepreston

see richie's sig lol
Old 26-08-09, 10:18 AM   #19
ManxMatt34

Well i know nothing about the RAF or similair.

I would just be intrested in driving, where do you even start to look for stuff?

As for learndirect no such thing on the island, college is only thing on the whole island, there are no private courses or such. And the college is always full but tbh i don't fancy much classroom work as i was saying before bores me.

Can you get just driving related jobs in the army raf or w/e, and if so do you have to do any travelling or generally do you stay in the country bla bla...?
Old 26-08-09, 02:42 PM   #20
ManxMatt34

Ok i've looked around the RAF site and stuff for a couple of hours now, the basic problem seems that even if i wanted to become a "Driver" with them they seem to make no exception on asthmatics, i must admit having been asthmatic from a very young age i've only had 1 attack in my whole life. And i can assure anyone that driving and such forth certinaly does not tend to bring asthma on, strange one.