SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-02-08, 06:56 AM   #11
petevtwin650

Default Re: Is this an acceptable way to display tax disc?

Yes the tax disc has to be displayed on the nearside so that the representative of all things that are good and sane does not have to risk their life stepping into the road.

My disc sit on the left hand side under the seat.
Old 23-02-08, 08:06 AM   #12
rob13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Well you can arrest me if you can catch me.....
Just wait until I sort out my suspension
Old 23-02-08, 09:53 AM   #13
amnesia

My tax disc is on the bike...but it expired in July last year. The new one is still in the envelope in a drawer.

Think I had better swap them over.
Old 23-02-08, 04:00 PM   #14
Brooga

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
Yes the tax disc has to be displayed on the nearside so that the representative of all things that are good and sane does not have to risk their life stepping into the road.

My disc sit on the left hand side under the seat.
From now on Im parking my bike the wrong way around, just to be an awkward (_;_)
Old 23-02-08, 05:48 PM   #15
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Well you can arrest me if you can catch me.....
Again +1.
Old 23-02-08, 06:08 PM   #16
skint

Mine are very visible if you look under the pillion seat!! Haven't 'displayed' one since had one ncked 15 years ago!

A tax disc holder has got to look better than it laminated and stuck on surely?
Old 23-02-08, 10:31 PM   #17
Lozzo

Mine's in an octagonal holder mounted off the left side front mudguard screw. I have been nicked for failure to display twice in the past.

Many moons ago I mounted it under the bottom yoke of an RD400 so coppers had to remove their hat and twist their head to read it. This meant their heads got perilously close to the front mudguard, which was unnecessarily blathered in dirty old grease. Needless to say, some of them were in need of some shampoo after checking it.
Old 24-02-08, 01:38 AM   #18
Steve_God
Mega Poster

A friend of mine has never had his tax disk on display, and always had it under the seat. The one time the police asked him about it, he explained the reason why (due to theft) and showed them it, and they were more than happy.
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 10:09 AM   #19
phil24_7
Mega Poster

I haven't had my tax disc on my bike since I did the front end swap at Christmas, even forgot about re-taxing it for a couple weeks and now the new tax disc sits at home in the envelope it came in. Really should get a new tax disc holder and fit it but I'm too bone idle!!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-08, 08:49 PM   #20
a1istair

Mine is in a holder bolted on the right on the can with an anti-thief bolt. I got stopped and the coppers saw it no problems in the dark! I guess most won't care if it doesn't look like you're trying to be difficult on purpose.

That said before the current setup I was in traffic and a copper noticed my tax disc was about 5 mo out of date (which it was).He was on the other side of the road so basically just shouted "Oi" - I shouted back to say the new tax disc was in my pocket (which it was) and he just waved me on.

Anyway - with those new DVLA computers on top of bridges like in the advert I guess tax discs aren't as important as they used to be.

All this reminds me it's tax time again though!