SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-07-07, 10:10 PM   #11
carlos

Default Re: Anyone round this way?

Sorry but I reckon that Moto(no)where route is duller than a dull thing, great if you're on a Harley but boring as hell on anything vaguely sporty. All straights pretty much. You're better off doing the roads surrounding it IMHO, besides its probably only 50 miles or so tops - hardly even get the tyres warm for that Though the 417 Lechlade/Cirencester is perhaps the only good section on there, I have it on good authority that Gloucester Police are focusing on speeders on their territory at the moment so take it easy down there.

Re: Fish Hill - OMFG the only road that really does scare the s*** out of me.

And Gnome, you must be near Ridge Hill then. Maybe not as long as Fish but a pretty mean, tight section and better than the M40/M42 on the way back to Worcester - and that downhill section coming off it is enough to......well, you get the idea

Won't be available for a couple of weeks but if you guys are up for a meet I'll be happy to come along and ruin the SV:no-SV ratio The banditforum are doing a rideout around there soon so maybe I could sort a good route for us afterwards.
Old 06-07-07, 10:16 PM   #12
Gnome

Can't say I've heard of Ridge hill tbh mate - if it's over Worcester way, I've not really travelled round the local roads in that area much...
Old 06-07-07, 10:26 PM   #13
carlos

Sorry, its been a very long day, I should have said Edgehill (A422 between Banbury & Ettington), Ridgehill is Ledbury/Hereford way and no good unless you're on motoX.

Actually, I think its the half a bottle of Famous Grouse thats causing it, but then I think I deserve it after helping out at the daughters school disco this evening - 53 kids aged 5>9 screaming their heads off and running riot is enough to turn anyone to drink
Old 06-07-07, 10:29 PM   #14
Gnome

Ahhhh.... You mean Sun Rising hill, where the Banbury Run goes up?

Got that nasty U-bend at the bottom (as you're going down it), and then a long right-hander, followed by a nice steep hill again, and a long straight.

In that case, yes!
I'm over in Mollington, so it's only about 3 miles from my doorstep.
Old 06-07-07, 11:08 PM   #15
MiniMatt

Oxfordshire-ish (well, Cheltenham - it's only 30 minutes down the A40). And Fish Hill, uber road, been practicing it a lot recently

South West Surfers forum has a Foxes thread (there's an old Fish Hill thread in there someplace too!)