SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-01-13, 10:55 PM   #11
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: My rights with returning goods?

It was the best florist in town. I'm not a Hx centre person, the less time ventured in that hole the better!!!

As for you dilemma, I wish you luck :S

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-13, 10:56 PM   #12
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

Haha cheers.
I'll see if anything comes of it when I start feeling better
LewSpeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 08:00 AM   #13
Iantson

All you have to do is used the Sale of goods act 1979.

This may help http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54

It quotes all goods should be:

• as described,
  • of satisfactory quality, and
  • fit for purpose – this means both their everyday purpose, and also any specific purpose that you agreed with the seller (for example, if you specifically asked for a printer that would be compatible with your computer).
Goods sold must also match any sample you were shown in-store, or any description in a brochure.

It's clear cut it's the LAW.
Old 05-01-13, 11:34 AM   #14
Runako

Post Re: My rights with returning goods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewSpeight View Post
So I bought my sister a sky box from an Asian shop in the town centre for Xmas, it's the wrong one and she has ordered herself the right one. And my mum took this box back and his reply was 'we don't do refunds'.
Now I work in retail so I should already know this, but we've got a receipt and would just like to know some facts that I can go down and throw in his face.. Surely I must have rights? The remote he sent with it wasn't correct either (standard sky remote with a sky+ box).
If you were sent an incorrect item then of course you can return it for a refund. But if you chose it incorrectly, you're not entitled.

Description - if you chose it in the shop then, unless the controller was described as a sky+ controller, you may not have a case. However, if the Sky+ box cannot function fully without a Sky+ controller then you may have a case. But, you would need to express your request for a refund in these specific terms.
Old 05-01-13, 11:37 AM   #15
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by acting_strange View Post
Just say its not fit for purpose....they cant refuse you....although they can try...take it back and if they argue just tell them that you will go to trading standards...
Lol, if only that always worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acting_strange View Post
If you paid by creidt card you can get your money back from them and make it their problem as far as I am aware...
Only for items over £100 in value.
Old 05-01-13, 11:59 AM   #16
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewSpeight View Post
So I bought my sister a sky box from an Asian shop in the town centre for Xmas, it's the wrong one and she has ordered herself the right one. And my mum took this box back and his reply was 'we don't do refunds'.
Now I work in retail so I should already know this, but we've got a receipt and would just like to know some facts that I can go down and throw in his face.. Surely I must have rights? The remote he sent with it wasn't correct either (standard sky remote with a sky+ box).
You knowingly bought that sort of box?

My view, you've got the right to a working remote but not a refund based on you buying the wrong thing.

Get them to change the remote and stick it on ebay.
Old 05-01-13, 03:47 PM   #17
chris8886
Mega Poster

if that remote you have doesn't work with the box you were sold then you can get a refund. the thing is when you buy something in a shop you are effectively entering into a contract with the seller saying that at the time of purchase you are happy with the goods you are purchasing. therefore the seller from then on is NOT required by law to give you a refund unless the goods are in some way faulty or not sold as described. and then this may have to be decided by the manufacturer and need to be sent back, so may end up taking a little time.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote