SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-08-05, 07:13 PM   #11
Fruity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynw
is it just me though, or after a while does that becomes uncomfortable on the chest?

think Ive found the female equivalent to kwak zzzrs aches
Ooooh it does indeedy,... they squash mine like pancakes, but at least it's cushioning under my chin for the ride lol.
Old 15-08-05, 09:45 AM   #12
Ping

I was getting a very sore throttle wrist for a while but then tried loosening my glove's wrist strap a bit... I get absolutely no aches now.

I think it was just slightly too tight for the angle my wrist is at...

Just a thought.
Old 15-08-05, 09:55 AM   #13
thor

I've found that by leaning on the tank and hunching behind the screen, I can rest my elbows on my knees! Obviously only really useful on motorways...
Old 15-08-05, 11:42 AM   #14
MavUK

I had sore wrists for the first two weeks of riding my 00 SVS. Just relaxing helped me trmendously - Do you *grip* the handlebars or gently hold onto them?

More recently I had the same problem as Ping - I brought new gloves that I have to wear loser on the wrists otherwise I get pain.

Stu
Old 15-08-05, 12:41 PM   #15
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Get one of these!

Good for strengthening the muscles in your wrist and "apparently" are good got RSI sufferers. It's called a "POWERBALL".

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-05, 07:56 PM   #16
Diveboy

Thanks for all the advice.

Went to work to day trying all the methods mentioned (apart from boobs on tank) and I have noticed a big difference.

I'm going to leave the seat and bar mod until my powerball comes hope it works
Old 17-08-05, 04:51 PM   #17
hutchy

Also watch out for seams on your gloves - my summer gloves have a seam right on the heel of my palm and if I dont stay relaxed, and move my hands now and again I end up with dead fingers on my right hand.
Old 19-08-05, 01:20 AM   #18
jonnyt

If the pain is the same kind of pain you had from computer work then I doubt its having weight on your arms thats doing it.

More then likely its the motion of twisting the throttle, to remedy this you can think up of new and different ways of twisting the throttle (where safe). For example placing your hand flat on the top and moving your arm backwards, ie anything that does the same thing but with a different motion.

More then likely this approach would be annoying, unsafe and unnatural. Your only real alternative is to not ride though
Old 19-08-05, 03:41 AM   #19
Shooter

Two things eased any hand pain / ache for me. My wrists were always fine but I do carry my weight on my back and stomach muscles at low speeds. Higher speeds and that work is done for me by the wind.

1. Heated grips ( they have a thicker grip)

2. Throttle Buddy - an attachment to the throttle that allows you to be able to open your fingers a bit and use the outside edge of your palm to keep the throttle position.