SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-04-06, 09:25 AM   #11
DanAbnormal

I'd say most people do move over for me on the m-way and other roads. Now that I have my stupendously loud can fitted yesterday people really move outta the way, much more than before. I always give them a wave too just to say thanks. If someone is being difficult I turn on the high beams and sit rght behind so I'm in their rearview mirror, that does the trick most times.
Old 01-04-06, 09:42 AM   #12
Saint Matt

Yeah most people if I hover about 6-7 metres from the back right of their car with my lights on. I'm not one for sitting up peoples arses if they don't move, they aren't under any obligation to, I'll still get by anyway. If they do they always get a raised hand of thanks.
Old 01-04-06, 01:35 PM   #13
Balky001
Mega Poster

It always surprised me when I passed my test (and still does today) just how many decent drivers there are out there and they do pull over - unfortunately its easy to forget the 100 drivers you passed OK and the 1 idiot who blocks you.
Old 01-04-06, 05:13 PM   #14
TC3

Had a nice long ride today

Thanks to the old dear who moved over to the side of the country lane so i had a chance to overtake on a very sharp blind bend if i wanted to
Old 02-04-06, 12:17 PM   #15
seedy100

I move over when I'am in the car.

I acknowledge other people who do so for me when I'am on the bike.

When someone moves over, even if theres not an overtake at the time, at least you know that you have been seen!
Old 02-04-06, 06:13 PM   #16
jenni

when i'm filtering i find that most move over. unless they haven't seen me - in which case i rev a bit and they tend to notice....gonna have to get a new can soon

whats wierd is when they move over travelling at 30 in a 30 and i have no intention of over taking, some even slow down. very weird
Old 02-04-06, 07:00 PM   #17
valleyboy

I find a few car drivers will move over to let you through when filtering, and also the opposite, I have seen cars intentionaly block my route, after they have pulled out infront of me from stationary traffic as well...
I have seen plenty of cars pull into the curb to let me past, but I usualy wont overtake them anyway, as they are travelling at the speed limit, and due to the nature of the roads being twisty around here, I have to sit behind them until a straight stretch of road appears
Old 02-04-06, 07:17 PM   #18
manxsv

have noticed since I changed my sidelight bulbs with some LED type bulb which are meant to be bright white but are more blue, combined when I wear my high my HI VIS work jacket, car drivers will move out of the way works a treat in rush hour traffic.
Old 02-04-06, 07:19 PM   #19
JakeRS

If someone moves over and I don't feel like I want to pass, I just shake my head politely and maybe gesture with my hand to move back.

Once I want to pass, I will give them a thank you wave or thumbs up, every time if they have moved over or let me pass.

Though the other day I have a guy in a Ford Focus slow right down and pull over to let me pass, I passed, and he gave me the w*nker sign out the window!!! He pulled over when I was miles away too!!
Old 03-04-06, 03:33 PM   #20
***Steve***

I secretly live for the slight nod of the head from bikers that acknowledges that I've seen them and nearly mown down a group of terrified pensioners at a bus stop in my bid to give them room to pass. And if I actually get the full hand wave of thanks that can keep me going with a warm glow inside all day.

Sometimes I will drive up and down the same street for hours of a morning if I have discovered the route of a particularly friendly biker.

I think I need help