SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 01-06-09, 07:58 AM   #11
Kuze

Default Re: Rant Rant Rant Bloody fair weather crotch riders

+1

Ever since my first ride on my er6 I've hated idiotic fair weather bikers with no skill and no respect for others. Mainly cos I was out with my neighbour (a rider of 30years on a gsx r1000) on a first pleasure ride finding my feet. Car drivers werent an issue but as i was alittle slow on the throttle (and u could tell i was new to it all) morons on supersports screamed by breaking the limits. Really knocked my confidence that did.

Even now I laugh at them in shiny full leathers on bikes that never see the rain knowing that they wont get the most from their rides.

Personally I'm no Rossi i dont get my knee down either I enjoy nice twisty roads and a good view. I'd prefer to "pootle" round having fun, than risking my license doing stupid speeds you should leave on the track. Or worse risking my life . Even when i ride with friends who are faster i wont chase them, I've got nothing to prove to no one.

O and they give us bikers a bad name , I will say however there are afew sportbike riders with awesome skill but they are not the majority!
Old 01-06-09, 08:38 AM   #12
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Aye, agree with all that's been said. My main problem with them is when I find them on my side of the road on a double lined blind bend as I did yesterday briefly.If I had had been a hgv or even a car really close to the line (it was a left hander so could be expected) then splat. Overtaking at speed straight past junctions and through cross roads, whitelining over blind hills, wrong side of the road round blind corners seems to be commonplace with the sunshinerangers....
Old 01-06-09, 09:13 AM   #13
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Plenty of them can't ride anyway. I've had a few funny ones on the way down to MYCs place in North Wales, guys on 160mph bikes doing road slower than I've done it when it's been snowing! Pwnt.
Old 01-06-09, 09:17 AM   #14
timwilky
Mega Poster

And breathe

Yeah I make no secret of being a typical power ranger. Blue lid, blue leathers, blue bike with an R at the end and slow

I go out only if the sun shines. I like to ride the nice roads of the North. I will use the whole width of the road to gain advanced visibility in bends. but having seen on coming traffic approaching I get over to where I belong before said traffic finds me on their side . There is nothing wrong with gaining that extra couple of seconds notice of traffic. It is how you then use that information that matters.

Mark, chill mate. Angry bikers do not make good ones. I appreciate you experienced the worst sort. We all know of the people who blat Hartside straight into the ditch etc. Even Richie was heading in that direction on a recent vid. So accept they probably were admiring the magnificent scenery/roads etc. and temporaraly dropped into cager mode
Old 01-06-09, 09:19 AM   #15
Heed

I was heading back from work last summer on the Monster thinking I was going well. I'm no knee down merchant but I enjoy a twisty road as much as the next bloke.

Anyway I thought I was going OK on a country road on the long way home and a blade/cbr600 (couldn't tell) rode round the outside of me on a bend. I wasn't pushing it too hard and his overtaking whilst impressive was pretty dangerous.
Old 01-06-09, 09:26 AM   #16
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Plenty of them can't ride anyway. I've had a few funny ones on the way down to MYCs place in North Wales, guys on 160mph bikes doing road slower than I've done it when it's been snowing! Pwnt.
Most annoying thing it when they go round the twistys so slow they're using the bars from lock to lock but as soon as there's a safe place to overtake they're off at 120 and seniór 33horses over here can do nothing but slow down and hope they've cleared off by the time I hit the next bends.
Love how many of them nod at me when I'm in my a* leathers and pretty matching yellow bike, helmet and handbag but wouldn't dream of it otherwise.

All that said me and a few other orgers got stuck behind the dreaded IAM the other day on what would have been one of the best roads I've ever encountered on probably the best day I've ever been out on a bike on. Following these bibbed and panniered up oldmen taking unnecesary lines at a snails pace through intense twistys we pulled up behind them at the lights after a grueling 10 minutes and (not realising) I made a joke about them probably being the IAM ... DJ quickly pointed out the badge

Last edited by Dave20046; 01-06-09 at 09:28 AM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 10:08 AM   #17
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
And breathe

Mark, chill mate. Angry bikers do not make good ones.
I am usually pretty chilled Tim but when these CLOWN's put mine and my son's life at risk !! I object very strongly indeed.

The riding on display on SUNDAY that i experienced was abysmal to say the least.

i am all for gaining extra view (and do it myself) however there is a difference from riding like that, than those that BLINDLY point the bike straight through the bends praying that everyone else is pshycic and will know they are approaching at 160 mph well into your side.
Old 01-06-09, 10:38 AM   #18
timwilky
Mega Poster

Mark, I agree you have every right to be annoyed at poor riding skills that have endangered you and the lad, I do however take issue with the blame being fair weather bikers unable to handle their sportspikes.

I have seen enough poor riding over the years from kids on peds, old men on wings, new bikers on SVs, bandits etc. The bike, bikewear or even weather is not to blame, only the rider. I don't know how they can be better educated to ride safely short of meeting a 40 tonner on the wrong side. But broken bodies do tend to make you adjust your attitude towards personal invincability
Old 01-06-09, 10:57 AM   #19
chasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Mark, I agree you have every right to be annoyed at poor riding skills that have endangered you and the lad, I do however take issue with the blame being fair weather bikers unable to handle their sportspikes.

I have seen enough poor riding over the years from kids on peds, old men on wings, new bikers on SVs, bandits etc. The bike, bikewear or even weather is not to blame, only the rider. I don't know how they can be better educated to ride safely short of meeting a 40 tonner on the wrong side. But broken bodies do tend to make you adjust your attitude towards personal invincability
Earlier on I typed a post to put in here that was going to read something like your first paragraph Tim. It annoys me when people have a go at fair weather riders.

Anyhow - just my 2p's worth.
Old 01-06-09, 11:11 AM   #20
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Ok well take the 'fair weather' bit out of the equation, 'bikers unable to handle their sportsbikes' (or bikes of any power for that matter) It's down to responsibility, attitude, skill and experience amongst other things I guess. When I tar them as fairweather riders I really mean the weekend warrior/power ranger sorts lacking attributes that I've detailed above, no offence to the proper bikers that just don't like the distractions etc bad weather brings

Last edited by Dave20046; 01-06-09 at 11:13 AM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote