SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-06-06, 10:06 PM   #11
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikstu
I'm not a fan of Sky's customer care. You'd think they'd look after current subscribers but they don't.
Once they have your money then your on your own.

Nowt against you wyrdness, just the monopoly!

I'm with you mate they should occasionally offer longstanding customers a bit of an incentive
Old 12-06-06, 10:12 PM   #12
tigersaw
Mega Poster

All you have to do (it seems) is call this special number: 08701 942095
lines open 8:30am - 11pm, it's called their "new best friend" offer on the letter.

Not just for friends of sky staff, they are mailing lots of sky subscribers.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 11:11 PM   #13
JimmySV

I agree with the naff service that Sky offers.
I have been a customer for about the last 10 years. We currently have a problem with Sky+ where when you record something, it sticks and jumps when you play it back (seems to happen more on Channel 4). Can I get any joy from Sky, NO!! Apart from their usual turn it off/back on again, all they are looking for is for me to pay £60 to get it fixed by them. It's a joke when we spend the best part of £50 each month on it anyway.
Old 12-06-06, 11:46 PM   #14
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

I work for NTHell - So definitley count me in for your Sky offer!
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-06, 11:52 PM   #15
rictus01
Mega Poster

good timing that man, could well be up for this

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=40013

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-06, 08:56 AM   #16
wyrdness

Here's the Terms and Conditions of the offer. Basically it's free box, free subscription, free installation (inc. dish), 12 month minimum contract. The Sky+ recording facility is £10 a month unless you subscribe to 2 or more premium channels, in which case it's free. Details of the various packages are on the webstite (www.sky.com) Let me know if you have any more questions.

Quote:
Sky TV Offer: Subscribe to any Sky TV package currently from £7.50 - £21.25 a month for the first 6 months and then from £15 - £42.50 a month. Prices may increase from 1 September 2006. New subscribers must remain on their chosen package for the offer period. One offer per household. Offer not available to previous Sky digital customers or with any other offer. Excludes Stand-alone Premium Channels, Sky Box Office and other pay-per-view services. Free Sky+ Box Offer: Offer excludes previous or existing Sky digital households. Only compatible with digital satellite. Sky digital subscription required for Sky digital programming. Sky+ subscription required to use the Personal Video Recorder features of Sky+. Sky+ subscription is free while you subscribe to more than one Sky Premium channel i.e. Sky Sports 1 and 2, Sky Movies 1 and 2, otherwise £10 a month. Installation: Standard installation of the free Sky+ box is free providing you take a Sky digital subscription otherwise £120. Extra costs may apply for non-standard installation. General: Offers exclude Sky TV Month by Month customers. Your Sky+ box must be connected to a fixed telephone line for 12 months. You must get any consents required (e.g. landlord's). Minimum Sky digital/Sky+ subscriptions 12 months. You must be 18 years or over. Prices, channels/programmes subject to change. Further terms apply. Information only applies to residential customers in UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man. Information correct at June 2006. Calls cost up to 8 pence per minute for BT customers. Calls from other providers may vary.
Old 13-06-06, 09:13 AM   #17
mysteryjimbo

I'll take one PM me!

Can you do anything to get the price of HD down?
Old 13-06-06, 10:03 AM   #18
wyrdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo
I'll take one PM me!

Can you do anything to get the price of HD down?
PM'd. You'll just have to wait (probably a long time) for cheaper HD. Or get a job here. Employees can get it cheaper, but we have to wait until customers have got theirs.
Old 13-06-06, 10:24 AM   #19
thor

My other half may be *very* interested in this!
Old 13-06-06, 10:27 AM   #20
Shinsei Jutsu

Gotta say I've had Sky and NTL in the past and Sky wins everytime. Unfortunately I live in a listed buildingy thing at the moment and can't have a dish so have to put up with NTL.
Sky CC is far better than NTL CC, but isn't almost all CC really poor?