SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-07-07, 11:33 AM   #11
5v5 rider

Default Re: New Name for pearsoph

Yeah I would have hoped that George White being a pretty large firm that they would have HPI'd it thats why I didnt bother myself - now I'm panicking that I've bought a lemon !!
Old 23-07-07, 11:39 AM   #12
5v5 rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
might just be the can cocking out that makes it look like its not lining up.
The can does stick out a bit and once Ive got a new link pipe I'll get that sorted but wasnt a major issue for the mo but I took that pic totally square on...
Old 23-07-07, 02:23 PM   #13
5v5 rider

Just spoke to the chief mech at George White and told him it feels like it is out by an inch or so to which he just laughed off saying yeah yeah bring it round etc etc....knowing he prob wont do **** all to it - I'm really ****ed off with those guys - I dont have any confidence riding her and now I have to do my commute into central london today and tomorrow as he's not in tomorrow so the earliest he can do is wednesday whenever!!!

Pack of ba5tard5!!

*rant over*
Old 23-07-07, 03:13 PM   #14
Mogs

It does look way off, have you tried doing the string test, its described on here somewhere.

If your not intending to fit a tail tidy, relocating the reflector between the plate and its illumination makes a big difference. It only takes 15 minutes, to drill two holes and hacksaw off the bracket.

Good Luck with it.
Old 23-07-07, 03:39 PM   #15
5v5 rider

Not tried the string test yet but just by looking at the back eng straight on with it up on the paddock stand you can def tell its out by at least half inch, which is probably why I have to counter steer on every right hander for fear of the bike going all the way over to the right.....oh well..back to the cage for the next 2 days as now I know its out I dont feel confident to ride about on her..
Old 23-07-07, 03:51 PM   #16
Kinvig

Dude, splash out the cash to see if it's an ex-insurance write off.

Surely, the peace of mind will be worth it?
Old 23-07-07, 04:00 PM   #17
FG1

Silly question probarbly but, have you looked at the chain tesioner markers. Could be that they are well out.....
Old 23-07-07, 04:00 PM   #18
5v5 rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig View Post
Dude, splash out the cash to see if it's an ex-insurance write off.

Surely, the peace of mind will be worth it?
D'ya reckon they would be selling on dodgy ex write off bikes? I would have seriously doubted it until now but ya never know - if the bikecheck comes up as write off where would I stand with the dealers? would they give it the old 'sold as seen bull****'?
Old 23-07-07, 04:01 PM   #19
5v5 rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Ginger One View Post
Silly question probarbly but, have you looked at the chain tesioner markers. Could be that they are well out.....
Good point - I'll check it out now....
Old 23-07-07, 04:05 PM   #20
5v5 rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5v5 rider View Post
Good point - I'll check it out now....
No...they're spot on..