SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 31-01-08, 08:35 PM   #11
markryker

Default Re: New / Returning Riders Ride Out

Hi all,

Im Mark from Chirk, just outside Llangollen, love to join up with the Patrol, been reading some posts and love to be a part of it.
Thanks a lot ,
Mark
Renthal streetfighter bars, Carbon can co exhaust, tail tidy, seat cowl, rear hugger, front mud thingy, hel braided lines, clear indicator lenses,fairing lowers, crash bungs, k&N air filter, chewys mirror extenders
markryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-08, 08:48 PM   #12
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markryker View Post
Hi all,

Im Mark from Chirk, just outside Llangollen, love to join up with the Patrol, been reading some posts and love to be a part of it.
Thanks a lot ,
Mark
Hi Mark, welcome aboard mate, if you,ve been looking at the border patrol stuff you will have a fair idea of the group, this time of year the weather is against us a little bit, but watch this space and get yourself down to a meet when you can, you,ll be made very welcome
Old 31-01-08, 09:18 PM   #13
easter

my work mate and her friend are both in north wales and this would be great for them, one only has a little bike as she hasnt done her test and her mate hasnt got a bike as yet but they should both be riding properly next month, any objections if i mentioned it to them about coming along as they dont use this site,
Old 31-01-08, 09:52 PM   #14
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by markryker View Post
Hi all,

Thanks a lot ,
Mark
Hi mark, welcome to the madhouse! One of the meets is pretty close to you, the Bridge Inn, Llangollen.

Keep your eyes on this section, and you'll meet us all (if you really want to ) someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easter View Post
my work mate and her friend are both in north wales and this would be great for them, one only has a little bike as she hasnt done her test and her mate hasnt got a bike as yet but they should both be riding properly next month, any objections if i mentioned it to them about coming along as they dont use this site,
Not a problem at all easter. IMO, the more the merrier. I've done several rides where I've been sub 30mph in NSL areas because I've been with novice riders. Even novice riders on SV's.

Tell your friends that I also have a pair of 2 way radios with throat mics available for use if they want any reassurance etc post test. That applies to anyone out riding at the same time as me too, if you fancy a natter whilst riding, give me a shout & I can bring the radios, regardless of who uses them.

Some people frown on radio chatter whlist riding though, but it depends on the use of the radio really.
Old 01-02-08, 03:05 AM   #15
melody

Sounds good to me.
Old 01-02-08, 07:33 AM   #16
Pedro68

Welcome Mark, as Stewie et al have said ... keep an eye on the Border Patrol section and get yourself down to a couple of the meets (and/or rideouts!), and you'll get to meet the gang - we're a good bunch honestly
Old 01-02-08, 09:12 AM   #17
markryker

Smile Re: New / Returning Riders Ride Out

Thanks very much all for welcoming me, i know the Bridge inn well Baph!!!
Looks like snow forecast this weekend . Hope to see some of you on a ride out soon.
Once again thanks for the welcome.

Mark.
Renthal streetfighter bars, Carbon can co exhaust, tail tidy, seat cowl, rear hugger, front mud thingy, hel braided lines, clear indicator lenses,fairing lowers, crash bungs, k&N air filter, chewys mirror extenders
markryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 10:04 PM   #18
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Anyone interested in this being on 17th February?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-08, 10:06 PM   #19
stewie

If it was the 24th I would be there but Im working me last night shift on the 17th, sorry.
Old 06-02-08, 11:05 PM   #20
Pedro68

Weather permitting possibly yeah