SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-03-06, 07:52 PM   #11
A-jay

Quote:
I think they must be trying to kick start bike sales after a really crappy winter and still no sign of decent weather. The season should have started by now but we have had salt, then non stop rain and the salt will be back again next week. Thats six months of salting around my way!!
Weathers been great down here (sunny, 10-15+) in tractor land for the last couple of weeks, ever since I picked up my R6 actually...........

Back to subject....Tuono
Old 31-03-06, 07:55 PM   #12
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog
I wanted to have a change ofbike so looked at the nomall suspects - sv1000, ss6oo, blade etc etc in the end i went for a daytona 955i. it's got the same insurance group as a cbr600rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (i think) and is a fantastic bike even if i do say so myself
955i is a great bike - there is a black one down at the local shop with gold Oz wheels and high level can off a triple i think. Very sexy. I took one out - the induction was addictive. I found the riding position a little to demanding for me though so never looked further than this. Also tried the Sprint which was great to ride - if a little boring.
Old 31-03-06, 08:15 PM   #13
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

mines an all black se model this one here......

as for the riding position mines got higher bars on
pretty good price as well, paid £4700 for an 04 plate with 6k on the clock
Old 31-03-06, 09:52 PM   #14
SVTONYB

Very nice mate had a wee shot of my mates naked 955 and it is an awsome machine. He had a fireblade before and that was also the D's B's but was tempted to go faster on the blade being protected by the double bubble
Old 31-03-06, 10:08 PM   #15
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburnstead
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
its the stupid part x they give you on yours tho.
That's not always true - I bought my R6 brand new for 5399 (already a really good price) and they offered me 900 quid trade in for the old and crappy ER5 that belonged to a mate and who wanted rid of it. (He bought my SV off me, so it was a 3-way deal!)

I nearly pulled the salesman's arm off in my eagerness to shake on the deal - I'd have been happy with 700 for the ER5!!
my mates just been offered £1000 less than book for his triumph.
Old 31-03-06, 10:12 PM   #16
Peter Henry

If it helps any further this afternoon when taking my mutt for a walk a bike approached us as we crossed the road. it was not at all eye catching or drawing one to listen further to it's sound. As it got closer and passed us I noticed it was an MV Brutale. the bike looked almost shabby and very squat to the ground. The Tuono has much more presence all round than that.
Old 01-04-06, 07:21 AM   #17
mburnstead

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburnstead
Quote:
its the stupid part x they give you on yours tho.
That's not always true - I bought my R6 brand new for 5399 (already a really good price) and they offered me 900 quid trade in for the old and crappy ER5 that belonged to a mate and who wanted rid of it. (He bought my SV off me, so it was a 3-way deal!)

I nearly pulled the salesman's arm off in my eagerness to shake on the deal - I'd have been happy with 700 for the ER5!!
my mates just been offered £1000 less than book for his triumph.
It all depends on the dealer mate - some will give you more than others if it happens to be something they quite fancy. In my case, they wanted the ER5 as a spare hack for a nearby training school, so they knew they'd have no problems with it hanging around a showroom or having to send it off to auction.

Was that offer from a Triumph dealer? Chances are he'll get a better price for it if he talks to a dealer selling Trumpets as well as whatever make he wants next.