SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 13-04-09, 12:03 PM   #11
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: Hey Guys!

lovely, mm full faired blue sv's.

I was actually thinking of the mountain road when I asked you about the 125 bet it's not nice having the biggerbikes skimming past you.
Old 13-04-09, 12:11 PM   #12
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
lovely, mm full faired blue sv's.

I was actually thinking of the mountain road when I asked you about the 125 bet it's not nice having the biggerbikes skimming past you.
It's not so much that, i weigh less than 10 stone, the bike weighs barley nothing, it's 90% of the time some sort of wind up there, you get chucked about everywhere and until your up top on the flat then going back down your just pulling up there with like tractors wanting to overtake you (ok slight over exgaration). but your get the point :P
Old 13-04-09, 12:13 PM   #13
davepreston

you lucky lucky bar steward i had my sv overthere 2 months ago still smile thinking about it, it may also be worth meeting up with the moddy doo's there a cracking bunch and are infamous for helping out new bikers ( voice of experiance here), when you get rock madness and jump over to the mainland stop over here and have a run with the massive
Old 13-04-09, 12:14 PM   #14
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
From reading your posts MYC I'm guessing you would love it, bikes everywhere, nice countryside, wildlife - if you get bored just wander off have a bbq, beers and get your tent out. Definitely a place I'd consider living when I'm a fair bit older.

Roads are awesome too, and arai have kidly signposted roadlayouts ahead and in season they put padding everywhere. Cagers and locals are really bike friendly and aware too.
Indeed My first ride on the back of YC's bike was on the IOM, good roads indeed! We went there a couple of summers ago, maybe get to go again this year so we can explore properly
Old 13-04-09, 12:17 PM   #15
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
you lucky lucky bar steward i had my sv overthere 2 months ago still smile thinking about it, it may also be worth meeting up with the moddy doo's there a cracking bunch and are infamous for helping out new bikers ( voice of experiance here), when you get rock madness and jump over to the mainland stop over here and have a run with the massive
Lol actually it was one of the Moddy Doo who taught me to ride, as he's an insructor. Yeh well i hope to get over this year, i lived in warrington from when i was born till i was 16 so i know a fair bit of the north west.

But yeh i tend to be able to get long weekends off and i have family in manchester and runcorn area so know problem for me accomidating for free. I'll keep my eye out for some of your run outs over the summer and see which i could make/afford with stupid boat prices grumble grumble.
Old 13-04-09, 12:20 PM   #16
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
Indeed My first ride on the back of YC's bike was on the IOM, good roads indeed! We went there a couple of summers ago, maybe get to go again this year so we can explore properly
Tis well worth it, even off the course there's some nice roads to ride on. Just gotta watch it through the summer. The rule i always use when in the car or bike over here. If all the other bikers are out, the police will be around the course somewhere. One warning for anyone coming over, i live down in the north and i can assure you any speed signs from Ballacraine lights upto Hair Pin ramsey just obey, there all out with there radar guns, especially on sundays.
Old 13-04-09, 12:23 PM   #17
stewie

Hi mate, welcome aboard, some of us are coming over for the 2010 TT, you can come and say hello, thats if we dont bump into you sooner, enjoy the bike btw
Old 13-04-09, 12:39 PM   #18
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Hi mate, welcome aboard, some of us are coming over for the 2010 TT, you can come and say hello, thats if we dont bump into you sooner, enjoy the bike btw
Ay' Cheers, Yeh if anyone ever needs any help sorting out accomidation, or wants any info or eating places recommended and so on so on for the Isle of Man (pretty much any info you need), or wants to come for a ride over here anytime of the year be it TT, Grand Prix or just quieter times please just give me a shout, be more than happy to show you round or advise.

Yeh well seen your all so welcoming might cya sooner in good old england would be nice to ride some different roads (only downside to IOM)
Old 14-04-09, 10:29 PM   #19
ManxMatt34

I'm now officially part of the club, bought the bike tonight after work done the Ballacraine to Ramsey section of the TT course the wrong way then the correct way on it already and i love it. Amazing difference from the land of 125 wooo
Old 14-04-09, 10:33 PM   #20
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Croeso!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote