SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-02-11, 10:29 PM   #11
Bri w

Default Re: Freedon of information

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idle Biker View Post
2.5 years into a closed account? My Mrs notices when a penny is out of place, within hours, I kid you not. Am sitting upstairs while she's going through some accounts downstairs now. Have just bought a pair of new bike trousers on ebay, without getting permission, I'm such a rebel. My last moment of bravado until tomorrow when she finds out and I cower like a lamb. Good luck by the way !
Sounds like you're more in need of luck than me

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-11, 10:48 PM   #12
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idle Biker View Post
2.5 years into a closed account? My Mrs notices when a penny is out of place, within hours, I kid you not. Am sitting upstairs while she's going through some accounts downstairs now. Have just bought a pair of new bike trousers on ebay, without getting permission, I'm such a rebel. My last moment of bravado until tomorrow when she finds out and I cower like a lamb. Good luck by the way !
You need permission to buy some bike trousers? Did she ask your permission to buy shoes? Or make up? Or anything else that's just for her?
Old 14-02-11, 10:56 PM   #13
The Idle Biker

Well, I was exagerating a little, she is a bit sharp on the accounts front though. Heaven help a bank that gets the statement wrong. Maybe I should steer her to a career with the FSA, she's got more bottle than the regulators seem to have. Still I always get my pocket money on time so I can't complain.
Old 15-02-11, 07:57 AM   #14
mattSV
Mega Poster

Bri

Is it definitely a Direct Debit, or could it be a Standing Order?

Direct Debits are CLAIMED by the company that receives the payment, therefore if the account at Bank 2 is closed, the funds must have been paid in to another account that the claiming company owns.

Standing Orders are payments that YOU have set up. If a standing order payment has left your account, and not been applied to the receiving account, Bank 1 (the sending bank) have to track it down it using a BACS trace. In my experience, one of the following outcomes will apply:-
  • Payment received by Bank 2, account open, funds correctly applied to account
  • Payment received by Bank 2, account closed, funds applied to wrong account at Bank 2
  • Payment received by Bank 2, account closed, funds returned to Bank 1 and repaid back to your account at Bank 1
  • Payment received by Bank 2, account closed, funds returned to Bank 1 and repaid back to the wrong account at Bank 1
  • Or it could be sat in a 'holding account' at either bank, as others have said - however, these accounts are supposed to be reconciled on a daily basis, therefore funds should not just sit on them!

Do you have bank statements for any other accounts at Bank 1 - might be worth checking them to see it the payment has been returned but credited to the wrong account.
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-11, 04:05 PM   #15
Bri w

Default Freedom of information II

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=162745

The money has been going into someone eles's account since Dec 2008. Now the argument is, is it my fault for not checking the savings account? Or is it the bank's fault for putting it into someone else's account?

We await the next response.

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Old 15-02-11, 04:07 PM   #16

Default Re: Freedom of information II

Did you have the account details incorrect?
Old 15-02-11, 04:08 PM   #17
Quedos

is that the account that you requested it to go to. if not I would assumed it banks fault.
I would check out paper work that states the account you have to pay it into
Old 15-02-11, 04:10 PM   #18
Bibio
Mega Poster

how can it go into someone else's account if the name and numbers dont match up?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-11, 04:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
how can it go into someone else's account if the name and numbers dont match up?
remember your referring to the same institutions that nearly bought the world to its financial knees...
Old 15-02-11, 04:37 PM   #20
Bri w

They are saying my account was closed in 2008, and all subsequent monies paid into a different account held under a different name.

They've had the correct paperwork, and managed it correctly from 1996 to 2008.

I'd hazard a guess that it went t!ts up when the bank was taken over in 2008.