SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-12-08, 11:54 PM   #11
zsv650

Default Re: ACF-50 Application

the thing is in winter i dont really care what the bike looks like cause it gets wet and crapped up by the end of my road anyway so i may invest in some of this stuff just for winter then switch back to the fs365 in spring summer time when i want a clean bike.
Old 10-12-08, 11:56 PM   #12
COLZO

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650 View Post
tip to anyone if your washing your bike in this weather spray the hose where your not going to ride the next day little disconcerting to set off and have a big ice rink to career over the next morning ha.
Nearly fell on my ar$e putting something in the wheelie bin the other night due to ice after washing the bike. No one saw me so all was good. Had a wee chuckle to myself though!
Old 11-12-08, 12:00 AM   #13
zsv650

hahaha it's never a good thing i was powersliding my pushbike this morning there was that much ice i really didnt fancy taking the suzook out in it i have no crash bungs before anyone says ought hahaha.
Old 11-12-08, 12:08 AM   #14
COLZO

Know what you mean, there's days you look out the window and think its just not worth it. Safe riding mate.
Old 11-12-08, 12:11 AM   #15
zsv650

it's good for me cause i dont have too works a good distance away but still cyclable ice is the only thing i dont like riding in used to do it on my old mx bike but then i didnt care if i dumped that yeah anyway you stay safe bud.
Old 11-12-08, 11:44 AM   #16
Dangerous Dave

You can apply ACF-50 when the bike is wet, for a better effect apply when the bike is dry. As for FS365, it is water soluble so every time you ride in the damp it will come off, kind of makes that a little pointless to apply to a wet bike. ACF-50 will last an entire year on your bike, to remove it you will need a degreaser and some elbow grease.

ACF-50 is safe to use on plastic and rubber, the fact that both plastic and rubber do not rust answers any question on whether to apply it to those areas. To apply ACF-50 I spray it on directly from the can, avoid the brake discs, pads and tyres at all costs! When it comes to hard to reach areas I spray some into the lip and dab a paint brush into it and apply. To treat your forks/wheels/cailipers spray some ACF onto a damp cloth and wipe onto the component.
Old 11-12-08, 09:53 PM   #17
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

I put ACF-50 on my bike a few weeks ago....it's been through some bad conditions since and is absolutely caked in filth, however, I rest safe in the knowledge it is protected (you can still smell the ACF-50 on it when it gets hot).
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-08, 09:39 PM   #18
northwind
Mega Poster

That's why ACF50 wins

(apparently, the reason they recommend spraying FS365 on when wet is precisely because it's water soluble, as the water evaporates the FS gets left behind and gives better coverage. Seems plausible enough, it certainly works better when sprayed on wet anyway. But the lack of lifespan makes it too irritating for me.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-08, 12:17 PM   #19
Phaelok

Let me put it to you this way chaps and chapettes.

Cleaned my bike and applied ACF-50, left for one or two months, that included letting all the crap build up and riding to and from london every weekend. The crap LITERALLY built up ALL over the place, grit and salt, everything. The bike was caked in the stuff.

When i had some time off work and i finally had enough of the bike being caked in crap, i cleaned it. The exhaust and engine + all other parts were absolutely PRISTINE. I cant rate this stuff enough

Its amazing stuff, it really is - such a good product and an amazing investment to keep your bike looking shiny every winter. Look at most other SV's around who dont use ACF, their pipes are rusted half to hell. Look at mine, not looking bright stainless steel, but still shiny!
Old 09-01-09, 08:46 PM   #20
Dave20046
Mega Poster

No one on here says it's £15 a tin!!!!
Is it worth it I just bought a can on the basis of this thread...