SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-04-06, 11:13 PM   #11
independentphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1ROCKET
I get mine done at the NHS audio department for free!

Well i'm deaf to say the least.......
Eh?
Old 18-04-06, 11:33 PM   #12
CB1ROCKET

Well its what we pay our taxes for!!!!

I don't think there should be a problem getting non-hearing aid ones for nothing, other than just a visit to the hospital.

We shouldn't have to pay for stuff like that.
Old 18-04-06, 11:37 PM   #13
CB1ROCKET

You have a right to protect ya hearing, so a visit to the doctor should be able to fix you up with an audiologist.

They fill your ear with the same stuff powerballs are made out of!
Old 19-04-06, 07:02 AM   #14
Jelster

There's no pain involved, a little discomfort maybe while they fill your ears with soft plastic....

Definately worth every penny, it's so much quieter in my lid since I had them. The only thing is that I can hear the "voices" in my head even more now

Old 19-04-06, 07:31 AM   #15
darylB

Igot mine from the nec last year from ultimate ear . tel 020 8309 4358. or their web site is www.ultimateear.com. it does not hurt real men at all, just a cool sensation and all goes quiet for a while while the mould sets in the ears, the plugs arrived about 3 weeks later along with the ear moulds in case you want to order any more, they ere very effictive and surprisingly comfortable . also easy to put in when you get used to it. mine were the squidgy models and are 50 to 60 pounds but were cheaper at the show, £45.00,. highly reccommended although not cheap. depends on how highly you rate your hearing.

hope this helps.

Daryl
Old 19-04-06, 08:46 PM   #16
Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylB
Igot mine from the nec last year from ultimate ear . tel 020 8309 4358. or their web site is www.ultimateear.com. it does not hurt real men at all, just a cool sensation and all goes quiet for a while while the mould sets in the ears, the plugs arrived about 3 weeks later along with the ear moulds in case you want to order any more, they ere very effictive and surprisingly comfortable . also easy to put in when you get used to it. mine were the squidgy models and are 50 to 60 pounds but were cheaper at the show, £45.00,. highly reccommended although not cheap. depends on how highly you rate your hearing.

hope this helps.

Daryl
I work in an engine room on a ship and we are supplied with earplugs fitted by them. Very comfortable, even for long periods of time, our watches last upto 4 hours.
Old 20-04-06, 10:47 AM   #17
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner
Quote:

hope this helps.

Daryl
I work in an engine room on a ship and we are supplied with earplugs fitted by them. Very comfortable, even for long periods of time, our watches last upto 4 hours.

thats not very good- I have a Timex that I have had for 10 years and still has the same battery !!

Old 20-04-06, 11:49 AM   #18
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1ROCKET
I don't think there should be a problem getting non-hearing aid ones for nothing, other than just a visit to the hospital.

We shouldn't have to pay for stuff like that.
Well, if you had a quieter bike and lid, you'd need it less, is the argument. But I agree, it makes good financial sense from the NHS point of view too- £50 spent on a set of ear protectors is cheaper than treatments for hearing loss down the line.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-06, 02:33 PM   #19
Anonymous

i had a pair got them at nec or scottish bike show a few years ago. they were really comfy and looked a bit like playdough. unfortunately i lost them last summer, same day i left my purse which attached to my leathers open and lost a fiver. in fact t hat purse is a nightmare as i also lost my new mobile phone out of it when i forgot to close it last year. somewhere down the m6
Old 20-04-06, 02:40 PM   #20
Aurora

Quote:

hope this helps.

Daryl
Hubby and I got these ear plugs a year or so ago while at a show (with show prices). Well worth the money in my opinion. They are comfortable and you can still hear music (if you have it piped into lid) without filters.