SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 24-03-12, 08:30 PM   #11
alextg

Default Re: My insight into Reeder's crash

The main reason I decided to put this together is to give myself and everyone else a better understanding of the different things that can happen in the bends and potentially prevent a similar future accident through awareness. Thankyou for understanding everyone!

Last edited by alextg; 24-03-12 at 08:31 PM.

Old 24-03-12, 08:31 PM   #12
Stuuk1

Out of all that open space, that thin twig like tree... That is just unbelievable bad luck.

Nice work however, not offended myself. Should be more flowers around that tree IMO.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?og1bg2
Old 24-03-12, 08:36 PM   #13
Red Herring
Mega Poster

I think pictures paint a thousand words so I'm sure most will be grateful for your efforts. Just remember to keep an open mind though and still not jump to conclusions. It might have been fine to take that bend at 60 when you did it but we don't know the circumstances of the moment, or what other traffic was about. There are still an awful lot of variables to consider so don't automatically think speed.
Old 24-03-12, 08:37 PM   #14
MisterTommyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuuk1 View Post
Should be more flowers around that tree IMO.
Speaking of which, and sorry for the early de-rail - is there any news on any arrangement for flowers or charity donations?

Does anyone think it's appropriate to set up an org just giving page for the East Anglia Air Ambulance (Mod's please move this to a new thread if you think it needs it).
Old 24-03-12, 08:38 PM   #15
alextg

I think the lack of flowers is largely due to the fact only his close family would of known the exact location of the crash.

Last edited by alextg; 24-03-12 at 08:43 PM.

Old 24-03-12, 08:40 PM   #16
alextg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
I think pictures paint a thousand words so I'm sure most will be grateful for your efforts. Just remember to keep an open mind though and still not jump to conclusions. It might have been fine to take that bend at 60 when you did it but we don't know the circumstances of the moment, or what other traffic was about. There are still an awful lot of variables to consider so don't automatically think speed.
Very true, this is pure speculation and I didn't take into account other factors.

Old 24-03-12, 08:45 PM   #17
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy H View Post
Speaking of which, and sorry for the early de-rail - is there any news on any arrangement for flowers or charity donations?

Does anyone think it's appropriate to set up an org just giving page for the East Anglia Air Ambulance (Mod's please move this to a new thread if you think it needs it).
Speedplay is in touch with Reeder's sister through FB, we're just waiting to see what the arrangements are,
Old 24-03-12, 08:48 PM   #18
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy H View Post

Tommy - the sentinments are appreciated I'm sure, but a couple of people from the org are in contact with Reeder's family already. When the time is right we'll put together the appropriate tribute.

Thank you Alex, for the pictures and the time you've given to help us understand. It can't have been easy for you. Hopefully one day, we'll all get to meet.
Old 24-03-12, 08:52 PM   #19
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Also. No disrespect to anyone but we also need to bear in mind that this is a public forum.
Old 24-03-12, 09:04 PM   #20
speedplay

Thanks Alex,

It couldnt have been easy for you to put this together and I for one appreciate you doing so.
As Redherring has said, there are lots of variables, I know Reeder was on new tyres for a start, could have been debris in the road, bloody pheasant flying across, could have been a million and one different things.

Either way, its a sad loss both to biking and all that knew him.

Rob.

Closed Thread