SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-04-08, 10:06 PM   #11
markmoto

Default Re: Thanks to the cage driver

funny lot the r6 crew lol! unless your on an r6
Old 24-04-08, 05:26 AM   #12
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

We've always had warnings from cage drivers, usually from at least 3 of 4 of the on-coming vehicles. One lorry driver last year was hanging right out of his window waving like a lunatic he was so determined to warn us about the camera van just a short distance ahead

We've also noticed far more cage drivers are inclined to flash their left indicator and pull left to allow us past these days too. Anyone else noticed an increase in drivers doing that?

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-08, 06:40 AM   #13
blueto

I always try to warn bikers if im in my car and spot a danger...I wave my arm flash my lights whatever i can do to get attention...even tho some people take it the wrong way.

on the other side of the fence

did u see the cage driver being recorded on traffic cops last night in the audi a4 estate....

What a complete kcirp this guy was trying to intimidate the bikers......I would have given him a boot in the door.!
Old 24-04-08, 07:11 AM   #14
gettin2dizzy

most of R6s have probably been nicked anyway

I've had pedestrians warning me about cops before
Old 24-04-08, 08:49 AM   #15
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC View Post
Probably more worried about getting done for perverting the course of justice like one cager did who flashed an unmarked traffic car couple of years back
Has anyone ever actually been prosecuted for this? I know the police like to threaten you with it if they catch you warning people to slow down, but I didn't think they'd ever actually successfully prosecuted for doing so. I'd imagine it'd be exceedingly hard for them to prove the reason why you flashed (compared to say, a thumbs down or patting your lid) as the highway code is quite clear on the matter that flashing your lights is solely to draw other road users' attention to your presence (the same way a horn should be used) and not saying hello to friends, indicating you're giving way, indicating your not giving way, etc. that people sometimes take it to mean.
Old 24-04-08, 11:17 AM   #16
El Saxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
We've always had warnings from cage drivers, usually from at least 3 of 4 of the on-coming vehicles. One lorry driver last year was hanging right out of his window waving like a lunatic he was so determined to warn us about the camera van just a short distance ahead

We've also noticed far more cage drivers are inclined to flash their left indicator and pull left to allow us past these days too. Anyone else noticed an increase in drivers doing that?
I think that might have more to do with your exhaust making the drivers think there's a low-flying Spitfire behind 'em!

Seriously though, I have noticed it a bit more, now that you mention it. I've also noticed a higher than usual number of w*nkers who do their utmost to stop you overtaking as well though...
Old 24-04-08, 11:29 AM   #17
plowsie

I flash and warn everyone, using with a down hand signal with lights flashing.
Old 24-04-08, 11:45 AM   #18
Dave The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
Yes I did notice that. I would not say it happens all the time but often enough to be mentioned. On the other note there are many who will do anything to stop me overtaking them.

As far as flashining lights to warn about speed cameras it happens but only on few occasions. Mostly people do not care. Or in fact they do care but they actually want you to have a ticket as they already have one or two themselves so why should they warm me? Plus bikers are all speeding, warship Satan, eat children and generaly make life unpleasant for others .. just look at the TV or papers!
Old 24-04-08, 01:25 PM   #19
Brettus

I've noticed more people pulling out of the way but I'm still relatively new to riding so keep wondering if its just the more experience, also keep debating if they are doing it just to get me out of their wing mirror but I try and be courteous on the roads, doesn't cost anything and I work on the pay it forward theory. (well ok MOST of the time, I'm no angel but quite patient)
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-08, 05:57 PM   #20
DANINPLYMOUTH

Not that it helps bikes much but when i was in oz people used to phone in to the local radio stations and broadcast were the mobile cameras were. Any chance of that workin in this country?!!