SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-08-15, 06:10 PM   #11
nutzboutbikes

Default Re: K-Tech fork cartridges

If the CBR is ready to roll why not join us and come Cadwell on the 20th of September!?.
Old 30-08-15, 09:39 PM   #12
L3nny
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutzboutbikes View Post
If the CBR is ready to roll why not join us and come Cadwell on the 20th of September!?.
Would do but I'm on holiday
Old 01-09-15, 07:55 PM   #13
SikFiddy

Matris do a cartridge kit for under 400 on carpimoto, fully adjustable with springs. I had a set ordered but bottled it last minute and bought some gold valves.

Just to add I bought some gold valves and one was defective, cnc had botched it. Race tech have zero customer service, ignored my emails completely!!
Old 03-09-15, 12:32 PM   #14
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Should have bought the chinese ones!

The under £400 kit from matris is nothing like a cartridge, they are just an overpriced emulator with a complicated cap and spacer. Their cartridge kit is £600 or so and not minitwin legal since they add adjustment and do not retain standard cap.
Old 03-09-15, 07:03 PM   #15
SikFiddy

The cartridge kit from Matris on carpimoto is under £400.. Was £380 when I had one ordered. That is full cartridge with rebound on one comp on other. As you say not minitwin legal. No fork mods needed, uses factory top out spring.

The fancy emulator kit is £240 and comes with springs, a decent emulator, spacers and preload caps. Again no fork mods needed.

You can look on carpimoto and see for yourself, much rather had kept my order for the cartridge kit after my experience of racetech.

I should be asking matris for a review set after writing all that out !!
Old 03-09-15, 08:40 PM   #16
Bibio
Mega Poster

i could be wrong here but i'm sure you have to take the check valves out the bottom of the stanchions when fitting cartridge kits. otherwise thats a good price for a drop in kit and if i had a standard front end i would be seriously looking at getting a kit.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 04:55 AM   #17
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i could be wrong here but i'm sure you have to take the check valves out the bottom of the stanchions when fitting cartridge kits. otherwise thats a good price for a drop in kit and if i had a standard front end i would be seriously looking at getting a kit.
Correct
Or I had to with the set I had

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-15, 09:38 PM   #18
Tyke

Not sure if it is the right threat to ask but since it is related with the suspension, I will give a try. Found these ones in ebay. Are they any good? Will I find somebody to install and adjust them and if yes with what cost more or less.
(I understand that JHS in Bristol is one of the best places for suspension tuning and I am going to ask for a price quote as well, but I thought to ask the forum in advance)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1415119659...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 18-09-15, 10:32 PM   #19
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
Not sure if it is the right threat to ask but since it is related with the suspension, I will give a try. Found these ones in ebay. Are they any good? Will I find somebody to install and adjust them and if yes with what cost more or less.
(I understand that JHS in Bristol is one of the best places for suspension tuning and I am going to ask for a price quote as well, but I thought to ask the forum in advance)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1415119659...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
that will do just nicely and will make a huge difference, TBH its not a hard job to do if you have the tools.

remember to give them your weight when you order so they can put the correct springs on for you.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-15, 06:51 AM   #20
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
Possibly not with those carpimotor ones, see the bottom of the cartridge (what would be comp valve holder on a normal fork) appears to be necked down by the length of normal damper rod.