SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-03-09, 10:11 PM   #11
scottjames

Default Re: Still need help, last chance this is!

ive got dinky leg too, you'll just learn. i cant get both feet flat but you learn to set your self up. like parking in some places with the front of the bike facing up hill slightly so you dont have to push it bk.

may sound silly.

also you should be covering the back break at lights and when stopped so only one foot needed.

Get some miles under your belt it will be fine, ive seen smaller people than me on bigger bikes.
Old 05-03-09, 10:18 PM   #12
Lou M

Don't you worry about asking again, it's obvious that it's a big worry to you which is stopping you from riding, but as earlier said I do think that you need to get out and ride, and just plan ahead so that you don't encounter any cambers when stopping.

Perhaps find a circular route that you could drive round to check each junction, then just keep following that route until you're more confident?
I have a route by me, so that if I've had a situation that has left me feeling a bit wobbly then I ride it a couple of times to build my confidence back up. It's not far, about 15 miles, but has a lot of variation, and I now know it well.

HTH
Lou
Old 05-03-09, 10:25 PM   #13
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthja2801 View Post
My dad just said bloody well get out there if you drop the bloody thing you drop it!
!
Your dads advice is the best love.
Look every time I've spent a fortune on my bikes I've gone and done a numpty and dropped it, usually when Im Indoors is in bed and I'm pinned up against next doors back door and twisted my knee and dislocated it
My 125 went upside down in a neighbours garden literaally, and in a rage I threw it back up again, spent a month on steroids.
On the SV's I've fallen down potholes and damaged fairings, thrown it down the road, my own stupid fault, nearly caused a two bike topple on an adverse cambre with Pmapp...'wayyyyy steady now lass' hes said as hes pushed me back!! Toppled over in a car park full at a bike meet, too uick a descent into the carpark, Once its down, I can't lift the soddin things I fractured my spine years ago, and couldn't lift sh!t, and permanently damaged and have no muscles left in my shoulders. I could go on and on about stuff.

GET OU THERE AND DOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTT

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 10:29 PM   #14
Lou M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Look every time I've spent a fortune on my bikes I've gone and done a numpty and dropped it, usually when Im Indoors is in bed and I'm pinned up against next doors back door and twisted my knee and dislocated it
My 125 went upside down in a neighbours garden literaally, and in a rage I threw it back up again, spent a month on steroids.
On the SV's I've fallen down potholes and damaged fairings, thrown it down the road, my own stupid fault, nearly caused a two bike topple on an adverse cambre with Pmapp...'wayyyyy steady now lass' hes said as hes pushed me back!! Toppled over in a car park full at a bike meet, too uick a descent into the carpark, Once its down, I can't lift the soddin things I fractured my spine years ago, and couldn't lift sh!t, and permanently damaged and have no muscles left in my shoulders. I could go on and on about stuff.

And why is it when you first have a 125 it's so heavy and you can't lift it, but after a few big bikes you could almost lift a 125 above your head!!!
Old 05-03-09, 10:30 PM   #15
Bibio
Mega Poster

righty then missy... i dont know how tall/short you are but i reckon you are shorter than most...

you have the exact problem i had, i'm 5'1"... yup i'm a short @rse... i hade the exact same problem as you have.. the only solution i have come to was expensive.. it involves replacing the front end and the rear shokky... also cutting more out of the already lowerd seat...

i was lucky to recover most of the money for the parts by selling the items that come off, but mine was a brand new bike with less than 400 miles on the clock..

if this rout is not the right way you want to go, then i would sugest that you take advanced riding classies.. if the instructer is good enough he/she will be able to teach you haow to controll the bike better. other things are to meet up with other short ppl who drive bikes and ask them questions..
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 10:31 PM   #16
Ruthja2801

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post

Erh ok!

LOL Well if you can do with no muscle in ya shoulders and a fractured spine, what am i moaning about!

My main worry is for e.g stopping at traffic lights with more that one lane, falling and taking out the car next to me!!!

Note to everyone: if this works and i attend a rideout, leave at least 3 metres before parking next to me!!!!! LOL

Anyone know what the weather is like saturday??
Old 05-03-09, 10:33 PM   #17
Lou M

Mr Lou has suggested that as well as having some height cut out of your seat, have the sides cut out too, as this would narrow the seat a bit and thus give you a bit more height?
Old 05-03-09, 10:36 PM   #18
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou M View Post
And why is it when you first have a 125 it's so heavy and you can't lift it, but after a few big bikes you could almost lift a 125 above your head!!!
Cause mine was a twelve stone cruiser..lol

But yes, to every burd on the planet a 125 is mahhhoooosive, and when you get an SV its like its had steroids.

I actually managed to throw that cruiser above my head practically when it fell into the neighbours garden. I threw myself off it in a evil kinevil style, when it went, and got so annoyed with myself I felt like incredible hulk. Walked it round the front, waited for it to unflood, started it and went on my merry way to a friends house. For weeks after I had to climb the stairs on my bum, as my spine had decided to take much offense at undoing 12 months of pyshio after the fracture

I can't do that with the SV

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 10:37 PM   #19
Bibio
Mega Poster

have a look here..

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=118671

and beleve me when i say the bike is 4-5" shorter than standard..
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 10:37 PM   #20
Ruthja2801

Hey Bibio I'm 4 ft 8! I dont' have any money left! What exactly did you do to the front end?

I was going to have the seat sculptured at the sides but the guy who did it said it wasn't possible it would have fell apart?!?!?!?!??