SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-05-12, 12:51 PM   #11
Cymraeg_Atodeg

Default Re: Energy drinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
Thanks moosh

Didn't that amazing wealth of knowledge paper "the sun" put some fat bloke on it for a week and it completely messed up his heart pattern fairly dangerously?, I seem to remember reading it... I mean looking at the pictures

I won't touch the stuff, or coffee.... evil stuff and makes your breath wreak of mouldy ****
Caffeine will mess with your heart rhythm, no matter what way you ingest it.
Just because you drank just energy drinks means nothing, living just on coffee would do the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
They are all really bad for you. Full of sugar, artficial nonsense and acid to rot your teeth. Water is my choice.
Not all of them are full of sugar, they either have sugar or sweeteners in them. The sweeteners do provide a source of phenolphthalein, but, as with everything; in moderation!
Old 15-05-12, 01:52 PM   #12
stewie

Ive been using red bull these days, funny thing is everytime Ive used it recently Ive knocked quite a bit of time off my running pace, its probably coincidental tbh but there you go, depends what you want it for I guess.
Old 15-05-12, 02:55 PM   #13
Cymraeg_Atodeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Ive been using red bull these days, funny thing is everytime Ive used it recently Ive knocked quite a bit of time off my running pace, its probably coincidental tbh but there you go, depends what you want it for I guess.
I find when exercising the best thing is squash and water as it keeps me hydrated. I tried using energy drinks when training, but, I ended up being so thirsty all the time
Old 15-05-12, 03:54 PM   #14
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Espresso

As one org'er in here knows, I don't react well to energy drinks

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-12, 03:59 PM   #15
Bordtea

Yellow Monster is the shiz
Old 15-05-12, 04:02 PM   #16
Cymraeg_Atodeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordtea View Post
Yellow Monster is the shiz
I am lovin' Monster Zero and Yellow Rehab right now
Old 15-05-12, 04:33 PM   #17
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

It has been shown that people who drink low calorie drinks and energy drinks, even the low sugar ones, end up with waists bigger than those who don't. Didn't read the whole report but it was something to do with the artificial sweeteners increasing appetite and stopping you feeling full so quick so you end up eating more.

I know that despite being sponsored by Red Bull, and having the cool boxes dotted around the perimeter at matches the cricketers don't really drink it. Instead they have water in the branded bottles and if it's very hot they add rehydration salts.
Old 15-05-12, 04:41 PM   #18
Nick_69

I tend to drink atleast one can of green monster a day

Now GSXR 600 K9
Nick_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-12, 04:45 PM   #19
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

They don't interest me. I drink one or two coffees a day, same with tea, and tap water.

I may occasionally drink a can of coke in the summer.

We don't even have fizzy pop in the house either

What bugs me is seeing young kids of ten wandering down the street with a can of relentless or something in hand......unknowingly rotting their teeth, and their parents wondering why they won't go to bed at night or get up in the morning!!

............come on, can you imagine an already hyper blonde on an energy drink mission??

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-12, 05:02 PM   #20
AndyBrad

I drink approx 8 mugs of coffee a day at work. I like the energy drinks because they can help if you are doing something intense like exercise but don't drink them lots because I don't do much exercise

Nowthen lucozade shots were amazing !! I was buzzing my tits off on those things! Can't see em for sale much these days

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2