SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-07-08, 10:16 PM   #11
muffles

Default Re: Stomp Grip help

If it's anything like Ventureshield the soapy water is pretty much essential for a good fit - it keeps the surfaces from fully mating until you can squeeze out all the air. I'm not sure how easy that is on these though, as they aren't smooth like Ventureshield.
Old 10-07-08, 06:31 AM   #12
StreetHawk

Default Re: Stomp Grip help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbo View Post
Took them off and re-fitted them eh? Might try that, as they are now fitted and look bl**dy terrible. All squint and full of bubbles. How did you take them off? How long between your first fitting and re-fitting? Did you do the soapy water thing or just fit them dry?

Cheers Hawk!
I just peeled them off, was a couple of days after first fit. Didn't use any soapy water, all I did was make sure the tank was clean again and stuck em back on but very slowly and carefully this time. You have to start at one end and work your way across pushing down hard so all the air gets pushed out