SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-07-16, 07:47 AM   #11
aesmith

Default Re: Plate size😕

This reminds me of a post I saw elsewhere from someone claiming his small (illegal) numberplate would be able to be read by speed cameras. As he explained he'd read that the speed cameras were 5 megapixel, then using his phone which also has what he calls a "5 megapixel lens" he'd tested how close you need to be for the numbers to be legible.
aesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-16, 03:05 PM   #12
nathcarr

Default Plate size😕

I got pulled over for having a small plate in by the police and the police man was a biker himself he was a nice officer to be fare even though he gave me a 60 quid fine, it was for a 6x4 plate, but he explained that anything lower than 7x5 is illegal, this was like 5 years ago now and laws may have changed I don't know, but he told me even he used a 7x5 plate on his bike and that's an officer of the law,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16-07-16, 03:40 PM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Plate size😕

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_e View Post
It all depends on the length of your reg number and whether you can fit it on the plate while still sticking to the correct character size, spacing and border measurements.

If I had a registration number of "1" I could legally fit that on a tiny plate and it would pass MOT no problem.
what he said. http://www.motuk.com/Motorbike-registration-plates.asp

want a smaller plate then get a private reg number or take the risk of getting a fine. yes some police officers will turn a blind eye but why take the risk. if your pulled for speeding they are going to check the bike out and if you have a small plate then they are going to give you a fine for that as well. i personally dont get people taking a risk for the sake of making the bike supposedly (eye of the beholder) looking a bit better.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote