SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-06-12, 10:13 PM   #11
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Default Re: electric bikes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agy View Post
i'm guessing the electric bikes are priced similarly
erm no...
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-12, 10:15 PM   #12
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

We had a chat about this a while back, see here: Click me!
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-12, 10:16 PM   #13
agy

sorry i meant similarly as in a lot more than a comparable vehicle i.e. a ford ka is about 2k, a g wiz is £7k so an sv electric would be, i don't know - £10k
Old 24-06-12, 10:18 PM   #14
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
sorry i meant similarly as in a lot more than a comparable vehicle i.e. a ford ka is about 2k, a g wiz is £7k so an sv electric would be, i don't know - £10k
various factors, range/speed/styling affect cost, thoes sietta bikes were between 10-13k i think depending on model but things could have changed
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-12, 10:19 PM   #15
agy

thanks squid. i will read with interest
Old 24-06-12, 10:21 PM   #16
joshwalker094
Mega Poster

yuck, dont like those sietta bikes. but good man for making a good step into the future
Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
Josh Walker sounds quite an epic name to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
JOSH WALKERRRRRRRRRRRR

joshwalker094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-12, 10:53 PM   #17
Spank86

Quote:
changes will have to come one way or another... resources are finite
Everything is finite, but there's no reason we couldn't make petrol with solar/wind/tidal power for,transport, it's all the other things that use oil that cause the issue,
Old 24-06-12, 11:48 PM   #18
Lozzo

I rode a Zero bike last week, it was good fun but only really practical if you have a mid-distance commute or want to ride in town. Ride at 60mph maximum and the battery will last up to 114 miles, ride flat out at 90mph and it's only good for about 40. I think we may be stocking them at my shop soon.
Old 24-06-12, 11:57 PM   #19
Scythe92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
I rode a Zero bike last week, it was good fun but only really practical if you have a mid-distance commute or want to ride in town. Ride at 60mph maximum and the battery will last up to 114 miles, ride flat out at 90mph and it's only good for about 40. I think we may be stocking them at my shop soon.
They're dirt bikes look brilliant, one of the few electric bikes I like.

The problem with hybrids (that Josh mentioned) is the weight and storage.
Old 25-06-12, 01:37 AM   #20
Bibio
Mega Poster

if you think really hard then you will discover that they are not eco friendly. ok so the bike/car does not spit out pollutants but think about how the electricity is made in the first place plus the more electric powered vehicles that are around the higher load on the power stations which in turn will mean more power stations using what ever means to generate the power. with such a high demand for power these would more than likely be nuclear power stations so if every vehicle were electrically powered then each town would need a power station to supply the demand.

what we need is a passive catalyst that cracks h2o into oxygen and hydrogen then re-combines them back together using a fuel cell and by doing so creates heat and electricity. but the best bit is once the oxygen and hydrogen have been combined again its turned back to h2o so the whole process is contained (why burn the hydrogen when you don't need to). the big problem with this is finding the catalyst and what ever it is would end up being a commodity just like oil.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote