SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-07-08, 01:31 PM   #11
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: achey breaky wrists

Something mentioned before is to change how you grip onto the bike; try gripping a bit more with your knees, and less with your wrists - this should take some weight off your wrists as you can support yourself with your knees instead, if you get me

Matt
Old 02-07-08, 01:55 PM   #12
richie95

thanks for the responses, i will save for the risers, i do (when i remenber) grip with knees...
Old 02-07-08, 02:07 PM   #13
wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmarx View Post
The ergonomics of the SV are really poor IMHO. The problem is not that the bars are too low, just that they're are too far forward.
Interesting what you're saying. I've wondered that since the beginning I had it now 3 months ago. When I peddle the bike backwards out of the garage and turn the bars to full lock as i want to turn when coming out I can't grip the left bar with my whole hand but have to let go and just grip with my fingers. As I had the same with my previous bike (harley sportster) I was a bit disappointed that this bike still had the same problem even tho it's a much shorter bike. I thought it was just me being too small. But if you're saying it's the SV and maybe not so common in other bikes that would be good.

Anyway I have adjusted the angle of the clutch lever on monday and it makes a lot of difference. (It's pointing downwards more now).