SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-04-14, 12:05 PM   #11
WeeTony

Default Re: Hello!

Hey guys, thanks for the replies and welcomes.

When I said I was desperate for a pal, I meant more as a social aspect as I don't know any bikers around me. I'm not too scared to lean in yet, but just want to get a few biker pals that I can gain more experience with and around.

Any idea where I can get crash slider replacement mushrooms and standard engine mount bolts?

Last edited by WeeTony; 29-04-14 at 12:11 PM.
Old 29-04-14, 01:43 PM   #12
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Hello!

HowDoo.

You might not like the look, but crash bungs will save you a fortune when you drop the SV. Its gonna happen, everybody at some time drops their bike (2 wheels, inherently unstable).

If you are stopped, you will scuff the slider and maybe a brake lever, if you have no bungs - you are looking at replacing or repairing lower fairing. Which i can tell you ain't cheap. After my first drop, i went out and bought R&G sliders & frame. If you are moving - gonna be a hell of a lot worse without sliders.

You will be sick as a dog if you take them off and then drop it.

4 years on the bike = 3 drops !!! Soooo easy to do.
Old 29-04-14, 09:14 PM   #13
WeeTony

Hey dude, I get that it's gonna get more wrecked if I drop it. But I hate the look, that much.

I am removing the fairings and going for just a bellypan I think after seeing a couple, I think it looks better....what do yous think ?

P.s. just took measurements and ordered some standard bolts to replace the RG ones, does anyone want to buy some crash bungs? Do I need any special bolts ? Couldn't find original suzuki's anywhere...

Let cleaning commence...

I removed the strap around the exhaust as it was all kinds of bent and squinty, are there any adverse effects of just riveting the can without said strap?

(don't worry jubilee clip is a very short term fix) Also on the lookout for an exhaust hanger if anyone has one for less than a million pounds.

and check the nick of my tail tidy:

New one is at prototype stage, let me know if anyone wants one made up, I will perhaps get a couple made and bung them on ebay, better quality and cheaper than what's on offer (I'm thinking £20 with integrated LED plate lights.)
Old 08-07-14, 05:33 AM   #14
ManMango

Default Re: Hello, SV Bought.

Hi pal, hows the bike going? would be interesting to see a finished product. I have just brought a half faired SV myself and am browsing for inspiration
Old 08-07-14, 09:36 AM   #15
Aquila

Tony I'm in Glasgow,went a run on sunday with some mates up to Inveraray,then over to the Green Welly,good run about 160miles.
Old 08-07-14, 10:29 AM   #16
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Hello and welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeTony View Post
Hey guys, thanks for the replies and welcomes.

When I said I was desperate for a pal, I meant more as a social aspect as I don't know any bikers around me.
Take a trip up to the GM (if only for a day trip) and you'll meet a good bunch.

Link http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=206552
Old 08-07-14, 01:38 PM   #17
WeeTony

Manmango, pm me your address and i'll send you a spare prototype i have. Final product should be with me within the week. Well excited, but ive been too busy motorbiking to be down . Guys count me in for a run anytime, im in gourock.
Old 08-07-14, 05:59 PM   #18
Aquila

I will be out for a blast this sunday if its dry,send me a PM if your interested.