SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 18-03-05, 12:29 PM   #11
diamond

Thats ok i've got bridgestones on at the moment, I'll have a ring round. Don't need them just yet but i might as well be ready when i do.
Thanks.
Old 18-03-05, 07:04 PM   #12
adam

granted, im fairly noob to big bikes however I've put continental road attacks on my bike and it's made a big big different to the handling, confidence and warm up time over the stock. Infinitely better! They're cheap too, still Z rated tyres etc etc...
Old 20-03-05, 04:36 PM   #13
Dan_SV

Whats this nonsense lol...

014's are excellent in the wet, you can really take the **** and they will just grip and grip. Mine only ever spin up when I really provoke them to. They have been excellent in all the monsoon, and slimy condtions we have had. Couldn't reccomend them enough...
Old 23-03-05, 11:08 PM   #14
rednorvs

rear 020 fitted and gripping like a child to sugar
Old 23-03-05, 11:43 PM   #15
BURNER

Dunlop 208, good when cold, excellent in the wet.
Old 24-03-05, 08:58 AM   #16
ryancor

I had a set of 020's fitted last november and have ridden all throught he rain and snow in them with out them so much as a twitch. I had my first ride on dry warm roads last weekend covering just over 100 miles and they were fantastic. They lean forever and stick from cold. I will be trying Road Attacks next to see what all the fuss is about but as a tried and tested tyre BT 020's rule!! :lol:
Old 24-03-05, 09:02 AM   #17
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancor
I had a set of 020's fitted last november and have ridden all throught he rain and snow in them with out them so much as a twitch. I had my first ride on dry warm roads last weekend covering just over 100 miles and they were fantastic. They lean forever and stick from cold. I will be trying Road Attacks next to see what all the fuss is about but as a tried and tested tyre BT 020's rule!!
against what exactly are you benchmarking them?

is it just the standard tyres or have you used other makes, if so which ones?

Cheers Mark
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote