SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-02-08, 08:57 AM   #11
Pedro68

Default Re: Online organiser/diary things?

I have an Excel spreadsheet for recording my time & attendance (for billing purposes), but it's grown and grown, and now includes a list of rates (so I can easily see what I'll be taking home monthly, whether they give a rate by hour or by day), a sort of diary overlayed on my somewhat basic time & attendance calendar, and I also have a basic budget on there, and a few bits n pieces have found their way on to it in the past (like xmas lists for the kids/family/friends, and the like).

This spreadsheet is saved to a USB memory stick that goes EVERYWHERE with me.

I tried the PDA thing (Acer N35 with built-in GPS)... fiddly to use, little too bulky to take everywhere in my pocket, bit small compared to using a full size computer screen, and the battery used to run down a little too quickly for my liking ... the GPS software was also crap, and the USB connector that saves the battery and charges it broke WAY TOO EASILY, and so ended up being precariously held in place by a couple of elastic bands - not ideal - and often fell out, causing the PDA to switch off at inconvenient moments - like when I needed to know what the next instruction was. Damn thing also fell off the windscreen and in a bid to try and catch it (as car was rolling forward), my body seemed unable to react to the falling PDA and also operate the brake pedal ... and so I rolled into the back of someone So now the PDA is consigned to the dustbin, and I print off directions (or just write the basics down) before I go anywhere ... sorry that's getting a bit off the point
Old 08-02-08, 08:59 AM   #12
anna
Mega Poster

northy.. it only works if you do look at it from time to time though
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-08, 09:02 AM   #13
Baph

Remember the milk!!

No, seriously, I haven't gone mad. http://www.rememberthemilk.com/tour/

Check it out, online todo list tracking, tied pretty neatly into Google. Online storage, no software to install anywhere, accessible everywhere.

I've used it for a long time.

HTH.