SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 04-08-07, 10:53 PM   #11
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Default Re: Coastal Bike Tour!

Is this this place where you fill up, and have to pay acroos the road? Not to far from Applecross ?
If so, prices have increased by 5p since I was there in 2005.

Old 04-08-07, 11:04 PM   #12
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

OMG... This photo wasn't per chance taken by the sea at a small village called Silecroft about 4 miles from Millom.....?

I used to work in the local pub called "The Minors Arms" in Silecroft for a bit before I joined up.
I'm going to visit my Parents tomorrow, so I'm gonna try and find this sign...

Last edited by Richie; 04-08-07 at 11:06 PM.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-07, 08:34 AM   #13
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Yep! That was the place where you have to pay across the road, and also not too far from AppleCross - that was the most expensive petrol we managed to find... however, it turned out that there was also another petrol station less than a mile down the road, that was 5p per litre cheaper!!! Ooo... how I was annoyed!

And the sign was in a toilet next to a car-park in Millom itself, thought it was hilarious at the time!
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-07, 09:56 AM   #14
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

You managed to take a pic of my elderly parents place in that lot.Now there's a coincidence.
Old 06-08-07, 11:41 AM   #15
gettin2dizzy

Frikkin a! That's my seat in my local with the Laverda poster next to you. What did you make of the Avalon?
http://lh6.google.co.uk/garratt/RrDU...4/DSC01906.JPG

Last edited by gettin2dizzy; 06-08-07 at 11:42 AM. Reason: sorry - photo was huge!
Old 06-08-07, 12:14 PM   #16
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
Frikkin a! That's my seat in my local with the Laverda poster next to you. What did you make of the Avalon?
http://lh6.google.co.uk/garratt/RrDU...4/DSC01906.JPG
I loved it! Although possibly because it was the only night we stayed in a proper hotel rather than a youth hostel or a pub! (Don't ask...)

Some of the photos around the place (not just the bar, the corridors and rooms too) were amazing!
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Old 06-08-07, 12:49 PM   #17
gettin2dizzy

Brilliant! It's great on Fridays as there's always some old rockers playing. It is a little bit harley-esque though!
Looks like an ace trip -V-strom was probably a better bike to do it on anyway
Old 06-08-07, 03:19 PM   #18
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
-V-strom was probably a better bike to do it on anyway
Dare I say it... Yep! Felt very odd getting back on the SV and realising quite how much pressure goes on the wrists, oh... and not to mention the back strain! If only the V-Strom looked a bit more sporty
Old 08-08-07, 03:52 PM   #19
Captain Nemo

oh my god !!!! thats Doctor love, 18month of planning and he lasts a cpl of days !!!!!,

that Lad spends more time on his **** thn on his bike..........................